Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CATS Timesheet PS posting without Network & Activity

sreekumar_nair3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

Appreciate if someone could help.

I have no Network Type defined in the system and no Network Profile attached to Project Profile. The WBS element is released and I can post Finance journals against it.

In CAT2, I book time against the WBS element using a standard data entry profile with "No Approval Procedure " and "Assignment of personnel cost to Master cost centre"

In CAT5 when I try to post, system says "Nothing to post" .  Do I need to have Network defined in the project for booking actual time and value against  a WBS ?

I have no problem in posting to CO  (CAT7).

As a matter of fact , from PPM I am able to book planned time and cost against the same WBS.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sreekumar_nair3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

After doing CAT7 I am seeing the CO document in KSB5 but those are not showing up in CJI3

Is it weird ? Does it have something to do with cost elements involved ?

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

Any chance you can show a screen with CO document?  Just to make sure it is a cost allocation to WBS-element.

Also check the posting date selection criteria in CJI3, it is defaulted for the current month.

Regards,

Paulo

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

As suggested by Paulo, if you feel the date range and other details in CJI3 corresponds to the CAT7 posting document,

then it can be the case of the CE being used is not of the correct category. Please provide the screenshots if possible.

Regards

Sammar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sreekumar_nair3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Sammar & Paulo for the help.

Now I can see the actuals in CJI3 - The reason why I could not see earlier was due to the authorisation restrictions of the test user is which I used.

Now it is clear to me that I don't need network & activity in a project to book the actuals in CAT time sheet.

Regards

Sree

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

Time booked against the WBS goes the CO area only using CAT7, which in your case is working as expected.

this is standard behaviour of SAP. CAT5 is used to transfer cost when time is booked using network activities.

Hope it clears your doubt.

Regards

Sammar

sreekumar_nair3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank Sammar for the reply.

If  I would like to see these values in CJI3 (Project actual line items ) , I need to have Network defined in the project and book the time against a network - Not WBS. Is it that way ?

Once network defined under a WBS, Is it possible to book the time against a WBS and the value to be shown in CJI3 ?

Thanks again

Sree

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

Regardless the fact of using or not using networks you should see CATS posting in CJI3.

Regards,

Paulo

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

No need of networks or activities, you will get the actual in CJI3 once you do the posting using CAT7. if you check your documents posted in CAT7 you can figure out the same is appearing in CJI3.

Regards

Sammar