cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between LCA, LDA and LEA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Whenever i execute LC10, i see 3 DB connections - LCA, LDA and LEA.

I do have some basic questions which i couldnt find answers for:

1. How to find out which DB connection is used in the system - LCA, LDA or LEA.

Or all the three will be used for LC to be functional?

2. If only LCA is used, how to uninstall or remove the connections for others?

Thanks,

Subbu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. All LCA/LDA/LEA connections are pointed to the same liveCache instance connected to the SCM system. You could find the information on the LCA/LDA/LEA connections in the liveCache installation guide.

Use the LCA connection for the liveCache monitoring/administration in LC10 or DBACOCKPIT.

The LDA connection is used by the ATP functionality and  LEA connection is used by liveCache lock server functionality < Starting from 5.0, you have the option of "Activate livecache lock" in planning area setting. LiveCache lock server was created to achieve the best performance while locking intervals. > by the applications on the SCM system. And all another APO applications are using the liveCache LCA connections.

2. Setup and test all 3 connections on the SCM system as recommended in the liveCache installation guide. Check that all 3 connections are green in //om13 -> checks. Run //om03 liveCache check in the liveCache client and it should run the successfully after the liveCache installed & post installation steps run.

You don't need to uninstall the liveCache connections. The LCA/LDA/LEA ate the connections settings configured on the SCM system in LC10-> Integration or DBACOCKPIT, where you could change/delete the liVeCache connections. And you should have all 3 connections - LCA/LDA/LEA - as recommended in the liveCache installation guide, run successfully APO application scenarios & for the simple liveCache test using //om03.

Regards, Natalia Khlopina

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subbu,

Please refer SAP note for information on LDA,LCA, LEA connections

829963 - Enhancements for liveCache Applications Release LCApps 2005

Additionally refer to thread for more explaination.

Regards,

Deepak Kori