Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Flavors for Enjoy Transactions e.g. BP & some queries

nitesh_jain3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am new to personas.. Had the following queries:

1. Is it possible to create flavors on enjoy transactions e.g. BP?

2. Suppose i create a flavor for a transaction. Then i write a script on the transaction. When the script is executed will it automatically pick the flavor created for the transaction and assigned to the user? How does this work?

3. A button(not tab) in a transaction opens a new screen. Can the contents of this screen be brought into the main transaction?

regards

Nitesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  1. Yes
  2. If you have a script in a flavour on a transaction, the user must have already selected that flavour to have access to the script so I don't think the script needs to worry about switching. The user will either have selected it manually or will have it as the default flavour so that it is selected automatically when the transaction is run. Does that make sense?
  3. Answered separately below...
nitesh_jain3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Steve.

2. Flavour_SMEN of Xn SMEN uses a script to call Xn BP. Flavour_BP is created for Xn BP. If Flavour_BP as default flavour for Xn BP then it is called from Flavour_SMEN. Is there an option to set the default flavour for a transaction by the personas admin without the user having to do it?

3. In this specific case it is an ALV Grid control and not a table. I checked that in this case the dynpro of the main screen & screen which opens on clicking the "Relationships" button seem to be the same as displayed in personas message bar. However am still unable to drag the ALV control into the main screen. 

regards

Nitesh

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can set the default flavor for a transaction in a group, managed centrally, and then assign yours users to that group. That's how I manage this.

Grids/tables/ALVs are all the same as far as Personas is concerned. They work just like other screen objects do. If it was a simple text field how would you get it from its standard place to the place you want it? Can you get both places visible at the same time in the editor? If so, you can drag and drop. If not, because they are different screens, you have to use a script to copy and paste. There's no standard way to copy and paste tables. Does that help?

Steve.

nitesh_jain3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Further playing around with the flavor suggests there is a common screen area between the two screens. The top area where the 'Business partner' field appears seems common as when i hide this field in the 'Relationships' screen it is also gets hidden in the main screen. However if i then expand this area and put the ALV control in it, it is not visible in the main screen.

regards

Nitesh

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not familiar with the transactions in question, so I'm not sure I can help much further I'm afraid. Maybe somebody else here knows them better?

nitesh_jain3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Example for question 3 for more clarity

3. A button(not tab) in a transaction opens a new screen. Can the contents of this screen be brought into the main transaction?

Transaction to simplify - BP

I simplified the tabs which appear on the initial screen.

Pic 1 - Standard Initial screen of transaction BP

Pic 2 - Personas simplified initial screen of transaction BP (Personas Main Screen)

However to view the “Relationships” of a business partner we need to click on the button “Relationships” in the application toolbar. This opens the relevant screen which is have simplified.

Pic 3 - Standard “Relationships” screen

Pic 4 - Personas simplified “Relationships” screen (Personas Relationship screen)

However I would like to have the ALV of the “Personas Relationship screen” on the “Personas Main screen” itself so that the user gets all the required information on ONE screen.

Any suggestions on how to achieve this would be helpful.

Regards

Nitesh

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Personas does not support moving of tables from one screen to another, I'm afraid. There are ways to achieve something like it - see for Personas version 2 and for version 3. Both mechanisms are a little fiddly and neither is ideal - especially the v2 method.

Steve.