cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to open Lumira .lums file in Lumira Desktop which is created in Predictive Analysis 1.17

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SCN Experts,

We have created ".lums" file which has few visualizations without using any features of predictive algorithms using Predictive Analysis tool which is more or less same as Lumira desktop file.

The ".lums" file was shared to my colleague who has only Lumira desktop 1.20 installed. When he tried to open the .lums file he got below error and could not able open the file at all.

Please advise?

Predective Analysis Version used: 1.17

Lumira desktop version: 1.20

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

As far as I remember, even if you only look to the Predict Room in PA when building your .lums, it means the file cannot be longer opened with Lumira desktop. I think there were plans to improve this but I'll need people in charge of these plans to elaborate further.

Best regards

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Antoine. Let see if SAP can fix this issue.

former_member200290
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to see this behaviour changed then I would suggest going to Idea Place and logging an enhancement request for it! It is unfortunate that both products use the same file extension. At first they were compatible, to a point, but as the products both evolved this was no longer the case.

So really this is something that can't be "fixed" per se. The issue is that Predictive Analysis (PA) puts things in the lums file that Lumira can't use or understand. Technically Lumira could open a PA lums file and ignore the PA items in it, but the user could do things to the rest of the file that could break the predictive part of the lums file, making the file useless in PA.

And the reverse is true also, Lumira in certain scenarios like BW, adds things into lums file that can't be understood or used by PA.

I hope that helps clear things up,

Trevor

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Hari:  Please update to PA 1.20: The following things are in the changelog for it that may help the situation:

• Lums file created in Lumira fails to open in PA with an error message “You are not authorized to open this document, check your licenses.”
  • Lums file created in PA (without analysis) fails to open in Lumira with an error message “You are not authorized to open this document, check your licenses.”

What I do not know is if you simply need to resave it under PA 1.20 or if this will apply to new files (in case there is already a flag set somewhere).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ashish. Let me try by upgrading to PA 1.20.

0 Kudos

I am having the same problem in PA 1.21.  I am unable to open Lumira files that were created in Lumira 1.20 in Predictive Analysis 1.21.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks.

Brian