cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS budget using CJ30 :Currency exchange issue with CO and object curr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

My CO curr is USD and Obj curr is MYR. I have issue in exchange rate conversion in original budget (cj30) with object currency period rate conversion.when i enter my budget selecting object curr, system convert it based on 1st period of the year though i have latest period rate maintained.

1. Budget profile OPS9

2. Exchange Rate OB08

3. Original Budget CJ30

• When i enter 1000USD, System calculates MYR = 1000 * 3.27860  = 3278.60 (This rate is maintained in period 1 which is 01.01.2014)
  • System should calculate MYR= 1000 * 3.26930 = 3269.30 based on latest period 11 (01.11.2014)

Can somebody suggest/help : am i doing anything wrong in my config? what is the cause and how can i make system pick the latest period conversion rate ?

Appreciate your early response !!

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

you configuration and system behavior is correct system always read latest maintained rate in OPO8 transaction

so you need to delete last one so that system read exchange rate as on 01.01.2014

OR need to maintain exchange rate in last updated date as 01.11.2014.

Regards,
Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

I have latest rate maintaind with type "P" for period 01.11.2014 for USD to MYR and MYR to USD however system still pick 01.01.2014.

So if i use the rate of 1st period of the year, My budget CJ30 converted value from USD to MYR  will be different from the value shows in S_ALR_87013558 (CO currency to OBJ currency) as report use only mean value of current period!

Which Object currency value should i have to refer,CJ30 or S_ALR_87013558?

Thanks

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the Configuration for the Currency Exchange Rate Type "P" maintained in your system?

Is it the First day of the Year? If so the behaviour could be correct.

Please speak to the FI/CO Consultant to understand the various currency Exchange rate types, select the one that suits your requirement in the configuration.

Hope it helps!

Thanks and Regards,

Varshal Kachole

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ashish,

You can simply use the Object Currency flag in the Availability control group of fields, as well as using Object currency as a budgeting currency, and therefore avoid any conversions at fixed rates.

BR,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

I have 2 different level 3 WBS under level 2 WBS with 2 different currency using separate object currency USD and MYR so i cant use default currency as object as Level 3 will show MYR and Level 2 will show USD. Is there any other way i can check the conversion.

Regards

Ashish

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Have you tried to maintain directly in CJ30 the budget in USD for one WBS and in MYR for another according to the object currency (Company code currency), what if next you do a total up?  It is not really important how it will be converted at the summary level if it is properly maintained at the account assignment WBS-es.  I hope your do not have level 2 as Account assignment in USD and level 3 as account assignment in a mix of currencies?  Otherwise I'd challenge the logic behind your WBS-structure.  Normally you'd have only lowest level of WBS as account assignment elements.

BR,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

When we went live, CO currency was MYR and budget was updated for cut over projects.hence in CJ30, My CO curr and Obj currency was same as MYR. After a week, it was realized that CO currency has to follow Group currency for type 30 for parallal valuation and FICO consultant ported the change to PRD.

After this TR went live, i run CJEN and reconstructed availability control, however my CO currency changed to USD.

Due to this my budget values are getting added up in 2 currency at top level 2 WBS (Level 4 Obj curr value =100 MYR, Level 3 Obj Currency value =100 USD), Level 2 Budget value shows 200 USD instead of 133 USD.

Right now getting help to find out if its a mess in the table but thanks for your answer!

Ashish

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a chance it is a mess in a table, because system normally does not allow CO currency change in the live system, as same tables will get populated with values of different currencies. SAP has a conversion service for such cases...

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Please use the value date in Budget profile. Else system always takes the first rate maintained in the system.

Downside of selecting it is that with every exchange rate changes you need to change the value date in Budget profile..

hope it helps

Regards

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sammar,

Thanks for reply.

I can't have budget profile value date because its changing every month. If i keep value date,

1. i need to change it everymonth in budget profile. i.e. 1 TR every month for just value date update.?

2. If i change value date everymonth, what will happen to my budget of previous months which was using the previous month exchange rate which is no more existing?

Thanks

Ashish

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

hi Ashish,

you are correct, usually what happens is in Budgeting we do it for the Whole year using the static exchange rate type M for the whole year.

is your business changing budget for the project every month, or is it you create new WBS for the project in phases and then do budgeting for these wbses?

what you can do is any forex gain or loss you can create a new wbs and give a budget of 1 to 2% max.  of the overall project budget. This gives you  sufficient buffer for forex variances. If this amount is unused you can return it or supplement other wbs within project or transfer it to other project..

Hope it helps..

regards

Sammar