Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using eCATT and removing roles in SU01 screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I am using eCATT and trying to remove the roles from SU01 screen, My current SAP system is EHP7 for SAP ERP 6.0.

The test script created in SAP ECC 6.0 is working fine, however the same script is not working in SAP EHP7.

I am getting the below error in SAP EHP7.

ATT377 Control data is obsolete, rerecord (VERBS-NAME: GRIDMODIFIED CATT: GETEVENTPARAM Callno: 000030)

I am just passing the user name to SU01 and in change mode, I want to select all the roles and delete it.

Please advise, how to rectify this.

Thanks,

Sathya.

8 REPLIES 8

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP re-wrote SU01 in new version. The consequence of this is that a UI control that displays role assigned to a user does not work anymore in batch input and probably also in SECATT. There is also a note for this. So you need to use some other method how to remove all roles from a user.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sathya,

Even I have faced issued with ecatt recording to remove roles. However below FMs can be considered which works much faster and better than ecatt tcode recording

1. PRGN_RFC_CHANGE_USERS_IN_AGRS - this would help you to remove/add selected roles to users

2. BAPI_USER_ACTGROUPS_DELETE - this would remove all role assignments unlike the one above.

You can use these while setting up ecatt where you have an option of using function modules apart from the usual way of tcode recording. Please try and let us know how it works.

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Hello Brahmeshwar,

Can you please elaborate these two FM in more detail ?

And explain in more detail to use them with ecatt.

That would be of great help.

Regards,

Amit Bharti.

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My suggestion would be to re-record the script using SU10, on a one-user-one-role basis. In my experience SU10 is far more usable for a variety of user-change scripts than SU01.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sathya/All,

I'm facing the same issue while running the same script for removing all roles of mass user ids in ECC 6.0 EHP 6.0 also.

I'm also following the same steps which sathya has mentioned above.

Please share if there is any resolution for it.

Regards,

Amit Bharti

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Create a new ecatt script for role removal using SU10 tcode, instead of SU01. That should resolve the issue.

Regards,

Nitesh

0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

Thanks for your reply.

But how could we use SU10 tcode for this request if I want to select all the roles assign to the users and delete it.

Let us suppose in my variant I've 10 users and each has different roles assign to it.

so how can I use SU10 tcode and delete all the roles assign to the respective users via script.

However, I've raised the incident to the SAP in service market place and SAP has responded with this note "1864062 - Problems using Batch Input for User Maintenance".

I'm following the suggestion mentioned in this note. Will update if it works.

Regards,

Amit Bharti

0 Kudos

Hi Amit

you need to extract the AGR_USER table and have your input to be the user, role and valid from and to dates. You then record SU10 doing a removal of one entry. It will loop through each user/role/validity date combinations

So if you have a user with 10 roles and you want to remove all roles then your input files will have 10 entries for that user

Regards

Colleen