cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open a NWBC Desktop links in the same instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have that to send a emails with a nwbc desktop link with a specific WDA like this:

url://sap-nwbc://http://server:port/sap/bc/nwbc/~canvas/wda/RPM_DECISION_POINTS_DETAILS/

When I click on link, open a new instance of nbwc desktop regardless that there is currently open instance.

l need that this link don't open a new instance and use the current instance.

I'm using NWBC 4.0

Best regards,

Johnny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johnny,

this is not possible with NWBC 4.0 because there is no running instance which checks if it is possible to jump into any existing process.

In 4.0 the URL approach is very simple. It searches the registered application (based on the prefix sap-nwbc) and then starts the process (every time a new one) using the given URL.

With the new NWBC 5.0 it is now possible to jump in any running NWBC process when clicking on the external nwbc link or double clicking on a sap shortcut. If the parameters like system ID, client, user and language (if given) are fitting to any of the running NWBC processes it opens a new tab within the NWBC window.

This feature will not be downported to 4.0 because it is a major improvement of the new client version.

Best Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I installed the NWBC 5.0 and its latest update.

I tried with the app parameters sap-client=XXX&sap-user=USER&sap-language=EN, and always the second link open a new instance of NWBC Desktop, What parameters i'm missing?

Example:

sap-nwbc://http://server:port/sap/bc/nwbc/~canvas/transaction/pfcg/?sap-client=200&sap-user=USER&sap-language=E...

Regards,

Johnny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johnny,

I tried this on my machine with the same URL and it worked fine for me. I did this with a server name which is already defined as NWBC connection and with a server name which is not defined in the NWBC connection list. In both cases it worked as expected.

Can you please check (after you clicked the link two times) if you can find the following trace files in the NWBC trace folder:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\SAP\NWBC\Traces

NwbcUrlHandler.exe.#PID.1.log

NwbcDesktopAgent.exe.#PID.1.log

The UrlHandler trace is not always there, because it gets deleted, but the desktop agent trace should definitly be there. Without this trace it seems that the NwbcDesktopAgent.exe is not running and the scenario cannot work and we have to check something else.

But in case it is there you can open the file in notepad and search for

UrlHandlerGetInstanceCount

UrlHandlerGetConnectionForUrl

UrlHandlerCheckSameConnection

In the context of these search terms you can read some information about the current system data and if the fitting connection was found or not.

Feel free to attach the two trace files to your response (convert to .txt) and I will have a look.

Best Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thank you so much. The problem is resolved. I cleaned the registry with a special tool and rebooted my laptop., and all works fine.

Best regards,

Johnny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

I am tring same option to open new web service call within NWBC desktop client instead of log-in every time.

I installed NWBC 5.0 PL3 and it is now opening new Tab in side NWBC client. However it is keep spining and not opening the transaction.

Please help.

Thank you

Santosh Lad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

unfortunately I can't read your attached traces. Can you please check and repost a readable attachment... without I cannot analyze anything.

Does NWBC 5.0 generally work with SAP GUI connections ? Do you have other problems with starting transactions ?

Best Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

I am using below URL from external site to call NWBC Desktop Client.

sap-nwbc://http://server:port/sap/bc/nwbc/~canvas/transaction/pfcg/?sap-client=200&sap-user=USER&sap-language=E...

For 1st time, it asked for user id/pwd and open the transaction. For 2nd web service call, it doesn't prompt user id/pwd and create new tab in open NWBC desktop client. But it never opened the 2nd transaction. It happens to any subsequent SOAP call.

I have uploaded trace.txt.zip. Kindly download and rename it to trace.zip to view the log.

Thank you for the support

Santosh

Answers (0)