cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODS Resource Utilization (SAP ME 6.1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

how can I determine the reason for discrepancies between ODS_RESOURCE_TIME_LOG and ODS_RESOURCE_UTILIZATION?

The latter is supposed to be an updated summarized table of the former. However, some entries show that standby and unscheduled down time is >24h for one day. Obviously, this is not possible.

Thanks and best regards

Alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

There is no SAP Note or page in the Troubleshooting guide how to determine such a discrepancy, it requires a deep investigation.

At glance I can only suggest re-checking ganularities in Time Granularity Maintenance and Time Granularity Assignment Maintenance activities.

Do you eventually get the error  "Summary time exceeds total available time (Meldung 101) " on ODSResourceTimeLogSummary ?

Br, Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex

No, there is no such error message.

I'll check the granularities as you suggested.

Best regards

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex

I checked the granularities. It should be all correct in my opinion. But I observed that only if unscheduled down time is used it shows these discrepancies? Are there any settings I could check related to this resource state?

thanks and best regards

Alex

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

You are  right that it is about Resource status. In Resource Maintenance you can find 'Unscheduled
Down
' Status. I would suggest monitoring the scenarios that you have that change the status of a resource.

Once you identify the scenario that leads to such summarization, you may report a support incident. Obviously the summarized time with granularity of 1 day should not be more than 24 hours.

Br, Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex

I receive the following error message if I want to change the resource status in the resource maintenance:

Required value "MODIFIED_DATE_TIME" missing; enter a value in the

MODIFIED_DATE_TIME field (Message 10015)

Do you have an explanation for this?

thanks and best regards

Alex

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

You faced some bug of Resource Maintenance: MODIFIED_DATE_TIME is a database field which is not accessible from GUI but used for technical purposes. So, at some point the system fails to get this value from the database or during calculation. Please check this field of RESRCE table and maybe other RESOURCE_* tables where this field exists.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy

I checkded the tables RESRCE and RESOURCE_TIME_LOG. In both cases it is no problem to access the modified date time field. Is there anything else I should consider while changing resource status in the resource maintenance? I still get the berfore mentioned error if I change the status and click "save".

thanks and best regards

Alex

0 Kudos

Dear Alex,

The point was that this field is populated automatically only, that you could not set in explicitly from GUI.

The error mentioned above indicates that the Resource was somehow changed but the filed  not populated.

I would suggest that you investigate it as a separate issue and open a separate SCN Discussion thread if you want.

Br, Alex.

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I did not mean that the system cannot access this field - I'm pretty sure it can because otherwise you'll see a different (database-related) error. I wanted to say that somehow during Save the system either cannot read the value from that field (for example, the field is null for that resource) or reads the actual value to some variable but after some manipulation with it the variable gets null by the moment when it is verified during Save.

If NW restart does not resolve the issue, then it is either a data-corruption issue or customization-related issue (if you have a custom implementation by means of SAP ME SDK). For either case, you will need to submit a support ticket to investigate it fully.

Regards,

Sergiy