cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Owner (C4C) get overwritten when change in ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

We have a very big issue at our project. The owner of an account in C4C gets overwritten when there is a change on the same customer in ECC.

Example. Account 10000 is replicated from ECC to Cloud. In the cloud system we enrich the Account 10000 with an Owner. So the Owner is only relevant for Cloud (Not ECC). When someone changes data in ECC on the account e.g. House Number, an IDoc is triggered from ECC and it gets replicated into Cloud. What happens next is that the Owner of the account (Employee Responsible - Sale) gets deleted.

Do any of you know why it is behaving like this? We have created a very high incident to Cloud support, but their answer is, that changes in ECC will overwrite everything in Cloud. This is a big issue, because we don't want Owner/Employee Responsible-Sale in ECC.

I have tried to remove the Sales Partner Relship from BusinessPartnerRelationshipCategoryCode in code list mapping, just to see if that could have an effect.

Do any of you have any idea how to solve this? Is it possible in HCI mapping?

If this is standard behavior and cannot be changed I think a lot of SAP ECC customers will face similar issues. Its not everything that needs to be 100% aligned between the two system. Especially partner functions.

Any feedback is welcome.

Best Regards

Anders

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Anders,

Filtering on the ECC outbound won't help because the partner is anyway not available in ECC, right?

If you have partners in C4C that aren't available in ERP and that must not be deleted when the next update from ECC happens you have to do the following in PI.

You have to enhance the message mapping ERP_COD_BusinessPartnerERPBulkReplicateRequest in the following way.

1. Duplicate the PartnerFunction node

2. Fill the PartnerFunction node with constant value 1

3. Fill the actionCode node with contant value 06 ("do nothing" actionCode)

4a. The partner is an account team member: Fill PartyRoleCode with the PartyRoleCode of your account team member that shouldn't be overwritten in C4C. In this example it is ZRT

4b. The partner is not an account team member but an external partner like Bill-To, Ship-To etc. Fill BusinessPartnerRelationshipCategoryCode with the BusinessPartnerRelationshipCategoryCode of your partner that shouldn't be overwritten in C4C.

5. You have to do 1-4 for each of the partner types that shouldn't be overwritten in C4C.

Regards,

Sascha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sascha,

Thanks a lot. Works perfectly fine

kind regards

Anders

pvsbprasad
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please share the screenshots of the process followed to overcome the above problem.

As i am trying the same the owner in C4C is being deleted.

Can you please share to pvsbprasad.khandavalli@gmail.com

Regards,

Prasad

kai_westerholz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sascha,

thanks a lot for that detailed information.

I'm wondering if there is any dependency between the approach you described and the @partnerFunctionListCompleteTransmissionIndicator in the SalesArangement node?

I would've assumed that in the case that the indicator is set to false, all partnerfunctions and/or relationships that are not included in the payload are processed like '06' - no action.

On the other hand - is it mandatory to set the indicator = false in the case we want to follow your appraoch?

Since your approach handles every type that should be preserved invidually there could be a lot of cases to handle.

Thank you for any hint and best regards,

Kai

kai_westerholz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Meanwhile I got the answer:

the CompleteListIndicator is not relevant for this topic. If the relationships should not be deleted the mapping must be enhanced as Sascha explained.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

pvsbprasad
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please share the screenshots of the process followed to overcome the above problem.

As i am trying the same the owner in C4C is being deleted.

Regards,

Prasad

0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

I don't have the screenshots offline anymore.

Regards,

Sascha

pvsbprasad
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please explain the 4a and 4b points in detail.i am struck with the same.

Regards,

Prasad

0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

If the partner that must not be deleted is part of the account team - meaning it is an employee, then 4a) is relevant.

If the partner is an external partner like ship-to, bill-to, payer, sold-to, then 4b) is relevant.

Regards,

Sascha

pvsbprasad
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sascha

Thank you.we had resolved the issue.

Reagrds,

Prasad

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anders,

If you do NOT want Account owner to be flowing from your ECC to C4C system, you will either have to set a filter right on your ECC system which restricts the owner information to be included in the Account IDOC.

This will replicate everything else from ECC Account to C4C but filter out the Account owner.

Hope this helps.

BR

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Okay, if I understand you correct. You can set a filter in the distribution model? If so, do you by any chance know what to filter? This is not information we have in ECC, so we cannot detect it in the messages that is being send back and forth. My understandig is, that there is no Account Owner in ECC, unless what is meant here is the standard Partner Function ZM employee responsible.

Best regards

Anders

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's right Andres.

By filter I meant do a small enhancement which would restrict the partner function from being sent.in the IDOC sending program. This will help accomplish your requirement.

BR

Ankur