Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10.1 Access control -ARA -Risk ID generation flag

Naveen01
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi GRC Experts,

Is their a way to find out risk Id's generation status? (generation report GRAC_GENERATE_RULES)

Basically i am trying to figure out if their are some standard GRC tables with risk ID generation flag. please help me if some one is aware of this!

Background details: I have uploaded new rule set and wanted to ensure all the risk ID's within are generated, in case some risk ID isn't -this will result in false positive ARA result. Just wondering if SAP has given any standard flag to check this?

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Naveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

I am not sure whether any table contains the generation flag field or something as such, but

You can check generated rules in GRACACTRULE table based on risk ID.

Regards,

Madhu.

Naveen01
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Thanks for the quick response!

Table GRACACTRULE- shows SOD Action Rule detail, (details of function and action within risk ID)- this should be ideally from out upload file but doesn't help to ensure whether risk is generated status! (to avoid false positive analysis results).

I assume i didn't confuse you!

Best Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

There might not be any direct table, but why don't you go to Rule Setup option in NWBC and check =>Access Rule Summary /Access Rule Detail reports link and run the report based on the risk ID you want to ensure if that is generated or not.

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

GRACACTRULE tables shows the generated rules associated with your Risk ID.

Your upload files will contain Functions, Risks etc, but only when your rules are generated for the risk IDs which you uploaded you will find the data in GRACACTRULE  table.

With this table GRACACTRULE you can check if any of your risk ID rules are generated or not generated.

Regards,

Madhu.

Naveen01
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Manik and Madhu,

I think both of you are trying to mention status of Risk ID as "Active" or "Inactive" but sorry that didn't helped...

Risk level , Risk status can be maintained in upload file itself and isn't similar to generation status.

Even though you maintain all risk Id's as active in upload file -and don't generate it - that won't catch up in ARA (shows false positive result).

once we generate the risk ID's via report grac_generate_rules then only- it will catch up in ARA result.

Hope my question is clear now....its not status of risk (active or inactive).

I need generated or not generated risk ID's in my system

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Naveen

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

I understand your query. May be I will clarify you further.

1. Create a new risk ID (status ACTIVE) in your system. Just create and don't generate the rules.

You can see this Risk ID available in table GRACSODRISK.

Now check table GRACACTRULE , with your new Risk ID, you will not find any data there.

2. Now generate rules for your newly created risk ID. Then check both the tables GRACSODRISK and GRACACTRULE . You can find the data in both the tables.

Uploading the data just loads your Functions, Risks data in corresponding tables.

Only when the rules are generated for your Risk IDs then you can find its data in GRACACTRULE table.

Let me know if you need more details.

Regards,

Madhu.

Naveen01
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Madhu,

I checked the scenario and it works

Best Regards,

Naveen

Answers (0)