cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro applications access

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a question around WebDynpro applications access and security.

Same  WebDynpro applications access two different set of portal roles .

Role 1: needs access to applications read only mode

Role2: needs access to applications change mode.

Now the question is what is the better approach to handle this ? is it some thing we ask SAP ECC Security folks to handle this , if they handle how they control UI  part ready only vs Change mode?

Or do we need to read SAP auth object in ABAP code and get the activity number based on it do we need to set the UI read only vs change mode. If this is the case we have lot of ALV's in WebDynpro , going by field by field making them read only based on S_DEVELOP activity code may be too cumbersome and huge development task.

Please give some input or your expertise ideas and best practices around this topic. Appreciate your help.

ThANKS

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the right (and from my perspective only) way:

Or do we need to read SAP auth object in ABAP code and get the activity number based on it do we need to set the UI read only vs change mode. If this is the case we have lot of ALV's in WebDynpro , going by field by field making them read only based on S_DEVELOP activity code may be too cumbersome and huge development Task

You can also make Container readOnly or the whole table, you don't have to do it field by field

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I suggest you to have a customizing table which is used to store all the possible ui elements per view and read only status based on authorization. Based on authority object, set the read only values.

Your requirement can be achieved as below

• Store all possible ui elements in customizing table with read only settings along with authority, view name
  • In WD check authority object and get the ui elements settings from customizing table
  • in wddomodifyview( ) method, get the view elements and based on settings, set the property of READ_ONLY
  • For alv's , you no need to maintain all the columns, instead just maintain the alv usage name and set it as read only = true / false. Now, inside your view, get the usage name and its table... .set_....read_only = true/false

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chris and Rama.

We agreed to make all the apps either read only or change mode but not some UI's ready only and some editable.

As Chris suggested , I will check for activity code and make the entire screen read only while setting the root container element as read only. Will post you the results.

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

is it common WebDynpro ABAP world to do authority check for each BAPI. I thought portal is already controlling the security , why do we need to do authority check for each BAPI from the ECC side?

Thanks

Krishna