cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDM processes/task on hold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm currently new with IDM and i have a big issue with it.

Just to give you a quick background of the problem, the system date on the Windows server, where IDM was installed, was changed to a future date. I did some processing (create user, provisioned roles) and i didn't encountered an error. But when the date was reverted to the present date, it seems all processes in IDM are not continuing anymore. Tried restarting the dispatcher, but still, when i tried doing some processing, like creation of another user, i can't see anything happening in the job log.

How can i fix this? Luckily this is in IDM development.

Thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ian,

Please tell us a little more about what you're doing with changing the dates and assigning roles.  Could this have something to do with it? How are roles being assigned? Are the Validity options set?

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

There is an existing task where you can copy the roles of 1 user to another user. What i did was to add codes in the script to set the validity dates of the roles: Valid From: Date today, Valid To: 9999-12-31. For my testing, i created a user, then copied the roles from another user to the newly created user. Everything looks good. After that, i changed the system date of Windows to December 31, 2014, for testing, without knowingly that this cause a big chain of errors to the different system(database, GRC etc..). At first it was working well, but when i've returned the date to the current date, IDM can't process task anymore, like creation of user/assigning of roles, but the jobs are working perfectly. The database and GRC were already fixed, but i'm still having a hard time fixing IDM since i'm still new with IDM.

Thanks a lot

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah, I think there's a date conflict there somewhere

If you're waiting for the jobs to execute, you might be out of luck.  You could forcilbly clear the provisioning queue (ok since it's DEV) or you might just delete the users, or just ignore them and start with new test users.

The moral of the story is not to play with the system date.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Most of the processes should use the DB servers time, but you can try to restart all dispatcher processes anyway and if anything is in the queue do "update mxp_provision set exectime = now()" or similar.