cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update date and status from SAP EM to TM?

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have requirement to create a Function Module to update dates and status of events like PGI, POD from SAP EM to SAP TM. I am referring to standard function module in EM,   /SAPTRX/TMS_CHANGE_EXEC_INF. How to run and this standard function module? Please let me know how to do the same?

With Regards

Gaurav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

You will have to delete the value of parameter LV_IN_BACKGROUND, only then you will be able  to execute this in foreground.

As per my knowledge this function module is only for the event 'Delay', you will have to enhance this FM for PGI and POD.

Regards,

Prabhav Tandon

0 Kudos

Hi Prabhav,

Thanks for reply.

Please let me know how to enhance this FM for event PGI and POD????

With Regards

Gaurav

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

rule set activity TM_MAINTAIN_EXEC_INF can in general be used to propagate any event message from EM to TM (and not only DELAYED event messages). Therefore nothing special has to be done to propagate PGI and POD event messages as well - of course the rule set has to be configured accordinlgy. Check out what has been done to propagate the standard event message like DEPARTURE - similar set-up should work for PGI and POD as well.

The idea behing the local variable LV_IN_BACKGROUND, which is set to 'X' is the following:

• the normal processing will always call TM asynchronously to decouple processing in EM from the processing in TM, the RFC call to TM is handled via a queue
  • only if you are debugging you can change the value of LV_IN_BACKGROUND to ' ' to execute the call synchronously - this makes it easier to debug the process

Why the described dump occurs, I cannot say. But I do not think that this is an issue specific for the EM-TM integration.

Cheers, Daniel

0 Kudos

Hi Denial,

My requirement is, i have set of events that i have to post from EM to TM. I have to create custom function module for the same. One option is to copy this standard function module TM_MAINTAIN_EXEC_INF add my custom events as done for delay. As i have understood that this function module run in background. How will i debug this function module, to it sure that its working fine?

With Regards

Gaurav

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

set a BP in the function module and change variable

lv_in_background to false. Then a direct RFC call to TM is done and you can debug from EM to TM system.

Best regards,

Steffen

0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I am posting event POD(proof of Delivery) from EM to TM. Its giving me dump "QOUT_QIN_MODE_MISMATCH". How to resolve this issue?

With Regards

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

When POD send, it would have called QOUT and QIN within the application in a LUW that has the same destination.

Can you check this OSS note 584926 - QOUT_QIN_MODE_MISMATCH short dump.

Regards

GGOPII

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the standard rule set activity TM_MAINTAIN_EXEC_INF (which is based on FM /SAPTRX/TMS_CHANGE_EXEC_INF) can be used to propagate event messages to a related freight document (TOR) in SAP TM. This will create or update entries in the node EXECUTIONINFORMATION of the TOR object. If you only want to propagate these events from SAP EM to SAP TM, the rule set activity can be used straightforward. You can check one of the delivered multitask activities, e.g. ODT30_TO_DEPART, how this can be done.

Best regards, Daniel