cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metrics Creation in Technical Monitoring for SCS and ADS Service Alert Monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need help for Alert configuration in Technical Monitoring of Specific Services listed below. I have created Custom Template and also created Metrics for SCS service but System Monitoring Shows Grey Rating.

Below are few Services which I have to configure for Alerting.

1 Java services

sa.com/pb

sap.com/ess~cat

sap.com/com.sap.netweaver.bc.uwl

sap.com/tc~bpem~him~uwlconn~provider~ear

sap.com/com.ericsson.portal.navigation.masthead

sap.com/com.sap.portal.navigation.afp.masthead

sap.com/com.sap.portal.navigation.masthead

2 Galaxy Services

sap.com/tc~bpem~base~svc

sap.com/com.sap.glx.core.svc

sap.com/com.sap.glx.core.svc

sap.com/com.sap.glx.repository.svc

sap.com/com.sap.glx.rrhandlermanager.svc

3 ADS Services

AdobeDocumentServices

Document Services Binaries 2

Document Services Configuration

Document Services DestProto Service

Document Services Font Manager

Document Services License Service

Document Services License Support Service

Document Services Trust Manager Service

4 KM Services

sap.com/com.sap.nw.kmc.readonlymbean

sap.com/tc~kmc~transport~deploy

sap.com/tc~kmc~bc.util~kmmonitorservice

sap.com/com.sap.nw.kmc.readonly

sap.com/sap.com~tc~kmc~rf~ummig~rmisrv

5 Engine Façade Services

sap.com/engine.application.facade

sap.com/engine.client.facade

sap.com/engine.dsr.facade

sap.com/engine.license.facade

sap.com/engine.lm.facade

sap.com/engine.lm.log.facade

sap.com/engine.migration.facade

sap.com/security.securestorage.facade

sap.com/engine.security.facade

sap.com/engine.lm.ctc.cul.facade

sap.com/engine.service.facade

sap.com/engine.sld.façade

Metrics Creation in Technical Monitoring for SCS and ADS Service Alert Monitoring

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you can get this done, write a script in perl or python using web service interface, call for the status of these services, write there status in boolean values file and monitor by reading files and it's values.

Regards,

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I replicated your 2nd screenshot and notice in my SolMan system (SP12) its asking for a J2EE component name vs your Regular expression for component name, and I have no way to change that parameter name value.

However if your system is truly looking for a regex value, you defined value of the path to sapstartsrv is not what you want.  Try having the system just look for sapstartsrv, I have used this in the past to figure out syntax - Online regex tester and debugger: JavaScript, Python, PHP, and PCRE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

I have removed all info from Metrics and updated again with the full path of the required Services and taken SMD restart and Unassign and assign SMD in MSS. Now SCS Services show Green in System Monitoring.

Thanks Billy will update you once I need more info . mean while I am checking your provided information.

Thank You,

Nahid.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

I have checked the expression online but no luck. Can you please give me some example which can be help full for ADS, KM NWA Services.

Thank You,

Nahid.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would focus on the unique parts, and it might also be in your best interest to have regex also capture capital letters also within your one expression as SAP may change the processes to be capital letters and skew all of your expressions and causing numerous false positives.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nahid,

I appreciate what you are trying to configure. But ideally all the services for the Java instance are monitored by solman Technical monitoring.

If any important service is not running failed or crashed.It will be reported with red status here.

Please let me know if my statement is not correct.

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

Thanks for the information.

Thank You,

Nahid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Yes its true that all Java services are monitored by Technical Monitoring. But there are few ADS and other Services which are not there in Default Template.

If you can see my First message all the services are listed. Let me know if this can be configured in Techmon.

Thank You,

Nahid.