cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gATP: Location Substitution across multiple sales orgs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to have true "Global" ATP, and what configuration is required in ERP to facilitate this?

For example: I create a location-chain that includes all plants in the system (which are assigned to different company codes & different sales organisations). 

During order entry, the gATP check might propose items from Europe/America/Asia (bear in mind that these plants belong to different organisational units).

If the user accepts the APO proposal, the Sales order should now have sub-items for plants that are not assigned to the Sales Area.  - Is this how it is meant to work?

Further, How can I control the fulfilment of these lines - For some plants I might prefer drop-shipment, and for other the materials should be transferred to the plant where the order originated from.

Any help would be appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Parth_Soneji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Lukas

For these specific orders, can you not define a special sales area to which all these locations are assigned? In this case, there should not be an issue.

For the other question on fulfillment - standard gATP offers a functionality called Location Consolidation by which you can achieve the scenario where the materials are transferred to the consolidation location first. Please go through the below and see if that helps:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/d8/20994196ffad5fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Hope this helps.

Parth Soneji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Parth,

We have considered this, but the problem is that master data then needs to be maintained at an additional level, and the ATP is then no longer seamless. During order entry, once a user realises that a specific item cannot be confirmed, they will have create an additional sales order using the other sales area to confirm materials available in other regions.

Regards,

Lukas