cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MATERIAL DETERMINATION

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is Material Determination based on ATP Qty ?

reward pts for help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Material Determination is used to swap one material for another.It is possible to get a list of materials for substituiton,but remember you can substitue only one material from the list

The standard available-to-promise (ATP) check is available to help you determine exactly what to ship. A check is carried out:

At order entry

This ensures that sufficient quantities of the product acceptable to the customer are available to meet the requested delivery date.

At picking

This ensures that your preferred substitute is shipped. If there is insufficient stock of the item, the system fulfills the order with other alternative items.

With product selection functions, you can set the system to automatically select products according to their availability and priority. For tracking purposes, the system stores data about what the customer has ordered. You can use this information as a reference, or for printing invoices and packing lists.

With regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please could someone assist - I need help configuring our system to propose the substitute product only if there is insufficient stock of the ordered product.I have read the documentation but am unsuccessful in getting the system to only replace the ordered product with the substitute if there is insufficient quantity of the ordered product. The system seems to replace the ordered product even when there is stock of it. Your help would be very appreciated .... what am I over looking?

Kind Regards,

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to maintain a condition record(VB11) as the material entered and the material to be replaced by it self.

example

Tthe material entered is XYZ -

XYZ

if you want some other material to be replaced in case XYZ is not available maintain them in the secodn line.

Check the MRP indicator if needed.

Dont forget to check the substitution reason to be with the ATP check,i mean the warning and strategy field in the substitution reason to be blank in OVRQ.

Please let me know if helps.

Regards

Rajan Swamynathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have another question- during setup of material determination- in key combination Material Entered, what does the valid from date specifically defines? Is it the date on which the order is received or created or does it look at the order due date? thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The validity date on material determination record validates the condition record for the date range we mention i.e., when creating an order on 06/06/2007 the material determination records are checked if they are valid on 06/06/2007. So, lets say you have created record in the past which lasted till 06/05/2007, no record will be found. Similarly if the start date is tomorrow no record will be picked up.

Also, for more setup info please refer to earlier discussion posted on May 22.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi naren, thanks for your reply. but it's still not very clear to me in relation to the order - does the validity of the condition record relate to the order create date OR order delivery/due date? for example, i setup the material determination today for a future valid date, say 09/01. if i receive orders today but has a delivery /due date after 09/01- will it look at the original material (since mat determination is not valid today when order is created) OR the substituted material (in case it does look at the due date)? because my understanding is that the mat determination will only be effective for new orders starting 09/01. is this correct? which date does it look into- order receive date or order due date?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tammy,

You are right on the dates. If the record is valid for the RDD (requested delivery date) it is going to pick up the material determination records even though the document date (order creation date) is earlier than that for which record is not valid.

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is the date nothing but from what date that the key cominstion hs to work?

reawards points if it ok

kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Material Determination is used to swap one material for another.It is possible to get a list of materials for substituiton,but remember you can substitue only one material from the list.based on availability of substitution material.normally availability checks in three ways.

1.ATP based on availability. 2.product allocation. 3. Rules based on availability.

Material Determination based on ATP Qty means the system will check for availability of the stock in your plant and then processes. ATP = warehouse stock + incomming stock - outgoing stock

regards

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Materisl determination is basically used in scenarios where the existing material is being replaced by a new material.

Users tend to forget and enter the old material, so in this case the new material should automatically get proposed. This is handled in Material determination.

Reward if it helped!

Chandru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Material Determination is used to swap one material for another.It is possible to get a list of materials for substituiton,but remember you can substitue only one material from the list.

Material Determination based on ATP Qty means the system will check for availability of the stock in your plant and then processes. ATP is quantity is basically equal to warehouse stock + incomming stock - outgoing stock

reward if it helps

thanks

a