Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage asynchronous high volume scenario

danielgonzalez
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have an asynchonous Exactly Once SOAP->RFC scenario where a high data volume is sent and it causes a high processing time in ERP. I have been asked to find out a solution so there's not many parallell process spending cpu time on ERP during normal working office time.

First of all I thought to use asynchronous OEIO scenario so there's only one execution at a time. Unfortunately I have been told I should let configure how many process can be executing at a time.

I have also thought about configuring how many threads read from a asynchrnous queue, but I'm not really sure if it could do the trick because I don't have experienced with queues.

Any ideas about how the requisite could be granted?

Thanks in advance,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

danielgonzalez
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your helpful answers.

I have tried a EOIO scenario and it really works: there's only one request executing at a time in the ERP.

I would need to go a step forward so keep asking for some issues:

- Are the messages waiting in PI queue or an ERP queue?

- How can I check the number of messages waiting  in the queue? The messages aren't waiting according to SXI_MONITOR and I don't see any queue in SMQ1 or SMQ2.

- Would it be possible to change an EOIO scenario in an EO scenario?

Thanks so much,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

>> I have been asked to find out a solution so there's not many parallell process spending cpu time on ERP during normal working office time.

In addition to what Iñaki has suggested, in case u have written custom RFC then u can also think of limiting the number of background work process...

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gonzalez,

For large message treatment you can use XBTM queues in the ABAP stack, check this document http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20bb9649-e86e-2910-7aa9-88ed4972a...

Also, you have Adapter engine message priorization:

From my point of view, the problem is the origin, you need to study why is necessary to overload the PI/ECC with larges messages during working office, what is the real necessity to load this data, why is necesary this quantity of data, why the ECC usage increase so much because the RFC ECC can call for example a background report to do the work and so on. I mean that you can find out if there are another alternatives to reduce the impact of the scenario.

Regards.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try configuring Maximum connection parameter in RFC receiver adapter?

Under Maximum Connections, enter the number of connections between the receiver system and adapter.

Configuring the Receiver RFC Adapter - Configuring the RFC Adapter in the Integration Directory/PCK ...