Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UME Security - Java Scheduler 'Action' authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Security gurus!

Our PI team would like to have access to the NWA Java Scheduler. They currently have the NWA_READONLY role, the only role that we found that provide access to the scheduler is NWA_SUPER_ADMIN which for obvious reasons we don't want assign them to.

We copied the role NWA_READONLY to a Z_XXXX role and we would really need help identifying what "action" we need to add to the z role to grant access to the Java Scheduler.

The support button provides the following information:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Support Component:BC-NWA-JEE

Development Component:sap.com/tc~lm~itsam~ui~nwscheduler

URL:http://<sap_server_name>:5<##>00/webdynpro/resources/sap.com/tc~lm~itsam~ui~mainframe~wd/FloorPlanApp?applicationID=com.sap.itsam.ops.java.scheduling&applicationViewID=jobs

----------------------------------------------------------------

After countless hours of tracing, reading logs and "trial and error" I quite literally started talking to myself, now I'm not sure if talking to ones self is normal, but I truly hope someone bring me back to my old self before I start entertaining full conversations with myself.

Feel free to shoot out any ideas they are all welcome.

Regards,

Yannick C.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yannick,

look for these 2 actions: 'NWA_SUPERADMIN_JSL' or  'NWA_READONLY_JSL' depending on whether you want to grant readonly- or admin- permission.

Regards,

Malte

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Check SAP Note 1846228 - Log trace shows "No scheduler assigned to authenticated user "SM_COLL_XXX"" error in SOLMAN 7.1 - and assign role “SAP_JAVA_WSNAVIGATOR” to that user.

Cheers,

Tapan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yannick,

look for these 2 actions: 'NWA_SUPERADMIN_JSL' or  'NWA_READONLY_JSL' depending on whether you want to grant readonly- or admin- permission.

Regards,

Malte

0 Kudos

Spot on Malte! Thanks for saving my sanity!

I'm wondering how you figured out it was these actions? I've looked everywhere for a note or documentation as to what action is used for what but to no avail.

If you could point me in the right direction where I could find this information I would be even more grateful.

Regards,

Yannick C.

0 Kudos

Pure chance! I had a similar requirement and was looking for a solution and hit your post. Hard job to find something, but after 2 hours of effort I found a matching overview in help portal: Link

Really worth for bookmarking...

0 Kudos

Thanks Malte, this like is really useful!

I not only book marked it but printed the page to PDF and saved it on my google drive! Definitely a keeper!

Thanks again,

Yannick C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same situation where user needs read only access to tasks in Java scheduler. I checked roles under his profile and found NWA_READONLY which already have NWA_READONLY_JSL action assigned to the role.

While checking the role using dummy user, it gives read only access to the jobs and the scheduler but not to the tasks.

Can anyone help with this.