Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SECATT issue while creating mass users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts-

I have created a test SECATT script.

It's reading the file without any issues but not creating users.

Logs says no error. I've created the script thrice with new recording each time,but issue still persist. Don't know what is am missing.

Thanks,

Mukesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shivraj_singh2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Mukesh,

I believe you have posted the screen shot from the log. and it is missing the execution of SU01.

which means your data is being read fine (as indicated by Import details) but script is not executing SU01. You may want to check if recording of SU01 is done correctly.

I am not sure if creating mass user creation SeCatt scripts are worth it when only input is User ID for two reasons, first you will still have to go and edit each user for other attributes and second, these scripts don't get used as frequently because it is not everyday there is a need to mass create users. However if someone reads the wrong input data then you have another problem at hand for cleaning the mess. Plus with catt scripts you have to have system settings updated to allow scripting.

Regards,

Shivraj Singh

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mukesh,

It is better to find it out yourself by running your script in foreground and you would know where exactly the recording is stopping.

let us know if you find out something interesting here.

Thanks,

Brahmeshwar

shivraj_singh2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Mukesh,

I believe you have posted the screen shot from the log. and it is missing the execution of SU01.

which means your data is being read fine (as indicated by Import details) but script is not executing SU01. You may want to check if recording of SU01 is done correctly.

I am not sure if creating mass user creation SeCatt scripts are worth it when only input is User ID for two reasons, first you will still have to go and edit each user for other attributes and second, these scripts don't get used as frequently because it is not everyday there is a need to mass create users. However if someone reads the wrong input data then you have another problem at hand for cleaning the mess. Plus with catt scripts you have to have system settings updated to allow scripting.

Regards,

Shivraj Singh

0 Kudos

Hi Shivraj,

Previously it was successful after re-recording,however this time i'm creating script for mass role removal from users(approx 9000). I see script is again reading file well, but not executing SU01.

As far as recording is concern i'm filling UI Control,TCD record,SU01 > Then SU01 screen appears where i put user name > Change mode >Role Tab >select roles >Remove > Save >Back >transfer data.

Please help me in identifying if you see any gap or possible errors. I don't remember how it ran successfully.

Thank you,

Mukul

0 Kudos

Hi Mukul,

As of NW Release 7.3, you will not be able to implement the above said functionality on SU01/ SU10 through eCATT scripts. You will need to use a BAPI on your scripts going ahead. Check SAP Note 1864062 for more information.

It could be that you were on an earlier release the last time you ran the script successfully. Check if this is the cause and let us know.

Regards,

Pranaam

0 Kudos

Hi Pranaam,

Thank you for your response.

I read the note but we are not in 7.3, neither i'm getting any error message.

We are in 7.1. I'm executing the script,the file is also being read properly by the system,but it's not executing the transaction. The screenshot that Shirvaj has shared above contains TCD,which is not visible in my logs.

I've recorded SU10 and SU01 around 10 times,but results are same,file is being read but not doing any action.

Thank you !

Mukul

niteshgupta87
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Check the recording of your script once and see if all screens are recorded properly.

0 Kudos

hi , record this through SAP GUI. It would be more feasible to figure out error