cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release transfer budget

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I had a query when i am transfering budget from one WBS to other WBS some 80% budget is already release in sender WBS why again i have to release the budget  in the reciver WBS along with their parent WBS element.

It is possible that i will again not have to release the transfer amount in the reciver WBS element.

I hope you all get my query.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

That is a standard system behavior.  The logic behind is that funds are released for specific WBS and not just generally released for anything.  After transfer that is just a general budget.

Also system wise it would be very much confusing otherwise, imagine that you have 1000 as a budget and 500 out of it is released.  Now you transfer some 800.  Should the system transfer 400 released and 400 not released or maybe 500 as released and 300 as not released?!  Too many options without any clear logic on "priorities".  There is no such functionality.

The alternative is not to use availability control based on Released budget.

BR,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paula even though the whole amount i.e 100% budget budget release on both th sender and reciver WBS. after transfer i have to again relase the same amount with there parent element. i know its an standard functionality but i want to to logic behind .but if am not doing CJ32 intially with the project that there is no concern of relasing the budget

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I have not used this functionality, have you tried to release the budget at project level ?

SAP has given options to release at Individual level and WBS element level.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

but i i tried to release at individual level ,the its show the higher level budget is then the release amount.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

All WBS elements are associated to a Project. It means for a big project we are splitting our work based on how we want to see the report.

May be this is the reason, SAP has given an option to release budget at Project or WBS element, so when you release for a Project, then i feel all WBS element will be considered. When you release Individual WBS, even though you have released the amount, but you need to confirm the release budget for another WBS element also.

At the back ground, this should update various tables and lot more things to be considered.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks terence.

is there any way if i wont relase the budget i only mainting budget CJ30. budget is being checked but not stopping me to put the amount more than the available budget its not giving me the budget error is there some thing i am missing in setting any where

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Budget release is an added functionality given by SAP for releasing the Budget and check availability control. If you have this concept, even though you have budget unless it is released you cannot use the Budget for execution.

You can have Budget release option or you can go for Original / Supplement Budget through CJ30.

Another advantage of Budget release can be for authorization purpose, you can restrict through CJ32 transaction.

This can be controlled by the Releases Tick in Config OPS9 (Budget profile)

Regards

Terence