cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions on SRM-MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have some questions on SRM related to MDM Catalogs.

1. Do we have to configure separate external web-services (One for Product Catalog and one for Service Catalog).

in IMG ??? I am assuming both Product and Service Catalogs are on different Repositories. That way we will

see two separate links while using Shopping Cart and picking MDM catalogs (one for Product and one for Service)

2. Can someone throw some light on Masks and Named Searches as to how they work. I saw Masks and

Named Searches are parameters in the External Web Service Config, so do we have to create

multiple webservices, if we have multiple masks/named searches ?? That can be quite cumbersome.

3. I am assuming in MDM catalog, one can still create a catalog item without entering a Material Number ID, by just entering short description, price, vendor--example in case of indirect material when the company does not maintain an internal Material

master. Can someone confirm my assumption.

4. In case of Central Contracts originating in SRM, can we simply transfer SRM central contract

item to MDM and are we are good??. Do we still have to then separately transfer Backend Contract Numbers

linked to SRM Central Contract item separately using MECCM??

Thanks,

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

1, It is not supported that material and service are maintained in the same repository. They should be in the seperate repository.

2, Please refer to 6) in note

1077701 - SRM-MDM Catalog - FAQ

3, I believe you mentioned is non-stock item, and for such item, it can be transferred from catalog to SRM.

4, In SRM, you can distribute SRM contract to catalog via report or just set the indicator while creating contract. For MECCM, it is used for uploading contract from ECC to catalog.

Regards,

Ivy

Answers (0)