cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned Delivery Costs in a PO from a Shipment Cost Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I am currently in a new project where SAP is already implemented and I have to do some improvements in the design. In this company the transport management is more or less simple, but there are 1 scenario that it is not working as expected. I checked the great document from the user MoazzaM http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-53448 (Different freight scenarios and copy freight condition from delivery to billing document) but I couldn´t find a solution.

Basically, there are two flows in which, when you enter a shipment cost, the system generates a planned delivery costs in the purchase order. One flow is working and the other flow isn't.

I checked the Customizing and each scenario uses a different shipment document type, but the only difference is that one is for Inbound and the other is for Outbound delivery.

The scenarios are the following:

Scenario 1. Purchase order for an external vendor (ME21N) - I manually create an Inbound Delivery from that PO (VL31N) - Then I create the Shipment Document, assigning the inbound delivery and planning the shipment (VT01N) - Then I create the Shipment cost document with the corresponding Shipment costs (VI01) - Then I change the shipment document to enter the shipment start and end and save it (VT02N) - Then the system, automatically posts the goods receipt from the Inbound Delivery and in that GR add the planned delivery costs corresponding to the shipment costs that I entered in the shipment cost document.

PO History

GR Accounting Document

Scenario 2. Stock Transfer Order (from a storage location to another storage location) ME21N - I manually create an Outbound Delivery from that PO (VL01N) - Then I create the Shipment Document, assigning the outbound delivery and planning the shipment (VT01N) - Then I create the Shipment cost document with the corresponding Shipment costs (VI01) - Then I change the shipment document to enter the shipment start and end and save it (VT02N) - Then the system, automatically posts the goods issue and a goods receipt from the Outbound Delivery. However, the planned delivery costs corresponding to the shipment costs that I entered in the shipment cost document are not coming like in the scenario 1.

You can see that in the PO History there is no lines for the planned delivery costs:

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member209900
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer the SAP NOTE : 427944.

That is the solution for your case

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If I understood you correctly you want to charge shipment cost to the material. Right? The ammount you entered in shipment cost document should be charged to material in receiving plant in STO process. Is this what you are looking for? If we make it more simple you want to add freight charges in material cost price. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

That's correct. And I only know that cost when the transport is going to be done.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In that case you have to check Scenario number 5 in my document. I have explained this in that scenario and we have some limitations which were also explained there. Did you read that?

Thank$