cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content based Routing - Single communication component (BS) and multiple receivers

NishantChavan
Participant
0 Kudos

Experts,

I have a scenario in which we want to send warehouse order from eWM to multiple warehouses. Each warehouse has its own third party system. In PI we have created only one communication component (business system) for all warehouses. How do we configure this in ICO. currently it takes only one receiver for one business system.

or do i  have to create multiple business systems (communication components) for each warehouse.

Thanks,

Nishant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

Starting with you have multiple destinations and i assume you have different locations to do the communication. From my point of view, the party/business component that Haresh Gampa suggested is the better to do it. As you said each warehouse has its own third-party system therefore is more logic to group in different parties each one, because the party concept is related with B2B communication and you can check easily in ID all the components involved in the communications. You should think about the ID maintenance, if you have different third-parties hidden in a bigger component can difficult the further knowledge about what systems are involved. Personally, the Amit's blog pointed out by Haresh can be helpful in the cases of the same third-party system, for example if you client need an alternative location for security reasons.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can still create multiple inbound interfaces right?

Under interface determination(receiver interfaces tab in Ico) you can assign interface for each of your warehouse.

If it's the same that you want to send to multiple partners then follow below blog.

Else you can for party communication/ BS for each warehouse