cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert category in EM

Former Member
0 Kudos

In EM system there are lots of error messages displaying   "Alert has no recipients"

how to get rid off of these messages in SM58.

Any config change is required in Alert framework in EM?

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

depends on what you want to do in your process.

If don't need alerts at all you can remove the alert activity from your rule set.

Or if you just want to prevent alert processing in case no recipient available include a condition function where you check if an alert recipient is available (normally the alert recipient is determined dynamically from an EM parameter).

In the alert framework you could enter fixed recipients but normally you only determine them dynamically.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont want to remove the alert activity from  rule set.

I just want to prevent alert processing in case no recipient available.

How to achive this,where in config I have to enter this condition?

So that system does not throw error message that Alert has no recipients.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge, I don't think we have condition to provide as "If recipient not found then don't do anything".  You may need customize in Alert Framework.

You can try these options:

Option 1. IMG -> Event Management -> Reactions to Event Messages -> Define Alert Framework Connection -> Define RFC Connection to Central Alert Server -> Give dummy RFC destination (check with BASIS team, normally client have configured dummy RFC destination not to trigger or process anything).  I haven't tried this option, but you can try this config.  You have to consult with your BASIS team as they may have other alert categories that should not impact.

Option 2. IMG -> Event Management -> Reactions to Event Messages -> Define Alert Framework Connection -> Define Alert Framework Integration to SAP Event Management -> Assign Alert Categories -> Provide Activity Param.ID (Which you given in rule set), specify your alert category, select INT Internet E-mail address in Communication Method and just give dummy email id or the email id which goes to internal DL list in Communication Data.

Last, schedule this program RSALERTPROC in background to delete old alerts.

Check and let me know.

Regards

GGOPII

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

as Gopi said standard rule condition function is not available for this.

You need to find out which parameter is used in /n/SAPTRX/AFPD for the alert recipient.

Then create a rule condition function and check

If param_value is initial return code 4 else return code 0.

In the rule set you insert this condition before the alert activity and check the return code.

To read out EH data you can use

ls_ehdata       TYPE /saptrx/eh_data,

ls_tables       TYPE /saptrx/eh_access_flags,

CALL METHOD i_eai-eh_model->eh_data

EXPORTING

i_tables = ls_tables

RECEIVING

eh_data  = ls_ehdata.

in the rule condition function.

Best regards,

Steffen

Answers (0)