cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue in EM web UI

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you provide me the config as how we can increase the field length of the selection field in the EM web UI.Currently we have shipper as an input field and we cannot use more than 10 alphabets to search .In case the shipper name is of 20 digits length we get error message in em web UI, field is too long.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak,

> SPRO

> Event Management

> Event Messages, Status Queries, and Web Interface

> Web Interface

> Configure Fields for User Profiles

> Configure Fields for Selection

> Click the field you are referring and go to details

In here, you have a "Display Length" field. This is the customising that defines the length of the field on the web UI.

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the confirmation.

One more issue -by mistake under ocean tracking scenario we find selection field as HAWB instead of HBL.Do we use the above same config path to rectify the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak,

1. When you done the parameter mapping, you would have specified the value in IMG -> Event Management -> Event Handlers and Event Handler Data -> Parameters -> Define Control, Info, and Rule Processing Parameters -> Control Parameters -> Select your control parameters and increase Par. length whatever you need and select Data type "C Text Field (Character String).

2. HAWB to HBL Issue: You have to take it through config only but you can do in two ways:

a) Through SPRO -> Event Management -> Event Messages, Status Queries, and Web Interface -> Configure Fields for User Profiles -> Configure Fields for User Selection -> Select  your field and change the "Short Description"

b) SAP EM WebUI frontend using &sap-config-mode=X

1. Log into SAP EM System

2. Run Tcode SE80

3. Select Repository Browser

4. Select Webdynpro Comp/ / Intf.

5. Enter /SAPTRX/EM_WDA_UI and press enter button

6. /SAPTRX/EM_WDA_UI  -> Web Dynpro Applications -> double click on /saptrx/em_wda_ui

7. Menu -> Webdynpro Application -> Test -> In Browser - Admin Mode

8. It will open a new browser http://xxxxxxxx/sap/bc/webdynpro/saptrx/em_wda_ui?sap-language=EN&sap-config-mode=X

9. Right click on "HAWL" selection field -> Setting for Global Configuration -> *Text -> Change it to HBL

10. Save and Close (This will request a transport and enter then save it.)

Check and let me know.

Regards

GGOPII

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

Thx.

For point a, the config path provided by Noel is different.Does it mean we need to adjust both config and keep the field length same for both

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

For point b, basically we are using 2 tracking scenarios, a) ocean  b) air.

Now for ocean it should be HBL but unfortunately its showing as HAWB.Now if we proceed as per your config node, if we just change the description then how can system identify that for ocean scenario HAWB will be captured after the changes and not HBL?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak,

Noel has given right solution but we have used like this in our scenario as below:

1. If Material description 40 parameter length in Control parameters but I don't want to give entire 40 parameter display length in selection, so we give 20 or 25.  But we don't specify any display length in Configuration Fields for Display.  What I mean is: We give display length to save the space in WebUI or add extra display length to enter "* - Asterix for wild card search".  Just set only control parameter and try without giving display length in Selection and let me know the result.

2. Try option b to set in WebUI, I believe, it will display Globally for all scenarios if you change *Text for that HALB field.  If it is not working, then straight forward just copy the same configured field and change the short description -> give new name as ZXX_HBL -> apply same settings -> now go to your user profile -> Select your selection profile -> replace with HBL configured field instead of HAWB.

Check and let me know.

Regards

GGOPII

Answers (0)