Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport SAP Note

Duraz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I don't know how to transport SAP note to a production system. I uploaded new SAP note via SNOTE, but unfortunatelly I cancelled a transport request. Now I have no idea how I can create the new transport request. I tried to reset and deimplement it, but there isn't any new request for the transport. And probably there is no easy way to completely remove the note. Is there any solution to force the new transport request?

Jan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Duraz
Explorer

Hello,

thank you all for your help. The reset of the note doesn't help me, but I don't care. I simply implemented it in our production system. With the next implementation of a note I will be more careful.

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is just for everyone who faces the similar problem as Jan Vranek had few months ago.

1. When you implement SAP Note, you dont get the Pop-up to create Transport Request.

This means that your SAP Note is added to the previously created Transport request by you.

This you can check in SE10.

2. Even though you reset the SAP Note, again you are not able to create a new Transport Requets.

Again this means that the new SAP Note implementation in test system is added to your existing Transport request.

To solve this problem.

1. Reset SAP Note using SNOTE transaction.

2. Release all Transport Requests created by you in SE09 /SE10.

3. Now implement SAP note using SNOTE.

Now this time it will prompt you to create a Transport Request.

Create a new TR and proceed further importing this TR in subsequent Systems.

Regards,

Karthick Eswaran

Duraz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Karthick,

it's a correct solution for my problem. I hope that it will help someone else in the future.

Jan

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member188883
Active Contributor

Hi Jan,

I uploaded new SAP note via SNOTE, but unfortunatelly I cancelled a transport request. 

Have you actually implemented SAP note on SAP system or only downloaded SAP note.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

123-0020444440
Discoverer
0 Kudos

You can also use report SCWN_TRANSPORT_NOTES to manually add a SAP note to a transport request.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jan,

Reset the note implementation and put it into a TR and release it.

Implement the note and add it into a new transport request and release it.

regards,

sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

First apply note in DEV system and create a new request then moved into QAS and PRD system.

If suppose applied a note, no problem you revert back note and then apply again same note

U have any doubt refer this document

Note : http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-43295

Regards,

Dhuvaraganathan M.

Duraz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,
the problem is that I don't know how to put the note to the transport. When I have implemented a note for the first time, the popup window with a transport request appeared. But I cancelled this window and no transport request was created. If I wanted to implement a new SAP note, I wouldn't have any problem with it. But the problem is with this particular one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jan,

Nothing problem. Transport request wasn't created, so no problem. While applying new note click on new request button. continue to apply note

Regards,

Dhuvaraganathan M.

Duraz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dhuvaraganathan,

I still don't know how to create a new transport request from SNOTE. With a completely new note, there is a popup window for creating the new request. But for a note which is already implemented, I need an advise. In a developing system it works like a charm. The only thing which I need is to move the note to the production system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

While applying note, its asking to create request. (that time click on new request icon in workbench request window)

I think you don't particular request, first find out request using

1. go to t-code - snote then click on sap note browser icon

2. enter the sap note number then execute, corresponding note is displayed

3. goto -> click on corrected object then particular request is displayed

U could be configure tms then particular request should be released using se09 then move QAS and PRD systems.

or otherwise apply particular note in production system.

Regards,

Dhuvaraganathan M.

Duraz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,
I finally applied the note in production system. But I'd like to know where is the problem. I don't know how to call out a transport request again for the same implementation of a SAP note.

Jan

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I already gave you the answer. You need to reset the note and put it in a new TR. Implement the note once again and create a new transport request.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be you can try take help from abaper to get the transport created.

They will make the changes to the objects required and add them to a TR.

BTW, the option should come for adding changes to transport.

Reset the implementation, and add it to a new TR. or  check with a newer version of snote.

Regards,

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Not sure what you meant by "cancelled a transport request". If by some means you have lost the transport request then try these steps.

Reset the note implementation and put it into a TR and release it.

Implement the note and add it into a new transport request and release it.