cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to monitor Client Setting Changes in Technical Monitoring of System Monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

<Hi How to monitor Client Setting Changes in Tsddsdsdechnical Monitoring of System sdsd

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivasa,

Follow below blog.

Regards,

V Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan

Thank you for your reply.

I have already done configuration as per the below blog and I am getting the alerts but there is no proper description in the Alert inbox of Show Details like which Client Change (object) setting is changed to take further action.

http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/solution-manager/blog/2013/12/19/how-to-monitor-clien...

Please find the attached screenshot for your refrence

Best Regards,

Srinivas Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you are looking for SAP Solution Manager Change Analysis feature (under RCA)

Former Member
0 Kudos

<Hi  Donald,

I have done Client Configuration as per the below blog in Configuration Validation of RCA  and I have created custom Metric and Alerts, I have assigned Select Target System System and Store Name in Data collection of Metric of System Monitoring

http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/solution-manager/blog/2013/12/19/how-to-monitor-clien...

For the above configuration Alerts are generating but there is no proper understanding of the changes description in Alert Inbox like which client settings are changed to take further action.

Best Regards,

Srinivas

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The concept is not to see what has been changed in the alert email, but more knowing that changes have been made (unless its a false positive) and you should be reviewing why the validation is now failing if a change was performed without planning.

Former Member
0 Kudos

And more importantly the understanding of how each Solution Manager tool works.

So for some event like someone changed the client setting, then use Solution Manager's Technical Monitoring Alert framework to capture and send an alert for such event.

To understand the what, how, and who of the particular event then you need to do root cause analysis by using the change analysis tool within Solution Manager RCA.

I liked the idea that you may want all information available within the alert; of course you can do so by custom coding the data collection of your custom metric. However,  going back on how Alerting and RCA are designed within the Solution Manager, you probably are better off and maybe the simplest thing to do is

- to insert the link to the RCA within your alert