cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel ticket management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

The employee creates travel request with destination details.

Based on requirement and availability, travel manager will book the tickets. Travel manager needs to maintain the details of ticket booked so that amount can be paid to booking agency.

On trip completion the employee creates trip expense for settlement along with details of expenditure other than tickets issued by travel manager.

The booking of ticket is done manually without any integration.

How to handle the cost of ticket booking by travel manager till the travel expense is created and settled?

Regards,

RK.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

Create a expense type for "Tickets" and maintain the field "Amounts are" as "Paid by company" instead of Reimburse to employee in the view V_T706B1.. So you can enter the ticket amounts in expense report and in settlement.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Venkat

Message was edited by: Venkat Narayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Thanks for inputs.

By the above process you suggested, the employee can maintain the details of travel expense for settlement where as the amount for tickets will not be reimbursed to employee as tickets are provided by company.

The other part is, travel manger needs to maintain the ticket details so that it will be mapped to the same trip number and desired cost center.

Please guide how to achieve this.

Regards,

RK.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

Although you stated..

The booking of ticket is done manually without any integration.

...there's one major information missing which we need: Are you using FI-TV-PL to cover your planning business process or are you using a third party solution which has no chance for integration with SAP whatsoever?

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

As stated above by Lukas, are you using any standard SAP's(Amadeus, Galileo,...) or third party system to book the tickets. Can you elaborate more on your travel scenario for better understanding the issue.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

There is no third party integration for ticket booking.

The travel manager will manually book the tickets and provide to traveler(employees). The cost of tickets is to be maintained by manager for accounting purpose.

Ticket cost is not reimbursed to employees as provided by company.

Hope the scenario is clear now.

Thanks & regards,

RK.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

now I think I understood the problem and I'm afraid there is no solution for it which I'm aware of. Just to be sure: Your problem is that your accounting doesn't have the information of the ticket cost from the external booking because the SAP system doesn't provide it until the expense claim is settled, right?

As far as I know, the only integration there is between FI-TV-PL and the Cost Submodule are the expense types (maintained while creating an expense report) and the Credit Card Clearing whereas the receipts from the CCC can also only be polled cleanly from the buffer during the creation of an expense report.

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

Thanks for inputs.

The solution you suggest is to maintain ticket expenses in travel expense. It will be updated in FI when trip is settled and posted to FI.

In this condition the travel expense manager will settle the trip for paying the ticket cost to travel agencies before trip is completed by employee.

Once trip is completed by employee, will he able to edit the same trip for maintaining other expenses for settlement?

Please guide me in this matter.

Regards,

RK.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The solution you suggest is to maintain ticket expenses in travel expense. It will be updated in FI when trip is settled and posted to FI.

In this condition the travel expense manager will settle the trip for paying the ticket cost to travel agencies before trip is completed by employee.

I don't think that's a good idea. If you do that, the status will be set to 3-0 prematurely, this will have consequences for your overall process cycle.

Once trip is completed by employee, will he able to edit the same trip for maintaining other expenses for settlement?

That depends entirely on the permissions you've assigned as per authorization object P_TRAVL. In general, this is possible, you can allow anybody to change any trip in any status (which would be nonsensial, but it's technically possible).

If I was you, I'd try to "calm" the accounting department and have them wait for the "clean" settlement of the trip, i.e. when it's really over and the expenses have been claimed, the travel manager has added the receipts manually or from CCC etc. Do you think that would be feasible in your business process?

The problem I see otherwise, is, that you will have to meddle with the standard process flow of FI-TV which will most probably mean more effort and cost than just coping with the slow speed of information transition to accounting.

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will try for the first option you suggested, otherwise no option other than the last one.

So I will let you know for any such additional requirements if client is not convinced for the 1st option.

Thanks,

RK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

I have to go for the second option as the first option is not accepted.

According to this,  the travel manager will maintain the ticket expenses initially and paid to vendor after being posted to FI.

On trip completion, the employee will maintain details of expenses in the same trip and again to be posted to FI for paying the reimbursement amount to employee.

This process seems to be suitable for my requirement.

Please let me know for any issues as can come up by this approach.

Can I have different per Diem rates based on length of stay or trip? Please guide in this regard.

Regards,

RK.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

Please let me know for any issues as can come up by this approach.

The one thing you have to be aware of is, that the trip will then change its status to 3-0 prematurely before the trip is completed by the employee. If that is considered within your business process (authorizations, process cycle, etc.) then you'll have no problems. If it's not considered in your business process, then it'll be chaos.

Can I have different per Diem rates based on length of stay or trip? Please guide in this regard.

Yes you can. But please create a new thread with more detailed information on your requirement for this. Otherwise other people searching for threads concerning per-diem won't find the bit of information in a thread called "travel ticket management"

In case your original question of the thread is answered, then please set the thread "assumed answered".

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

It will not be a problem for premature status changes.

The new thread created for the per-diem issue is mentioned below.

Please guide me accordingly.

Thanks & Regards.

RK.

Answers (0)