cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting connection icon in SAP Logon 730

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SCN community,

we'd like to distribute a new saplogon.ini with SNC-enabled systems in it.

Usually the connection icon in the SAP Logon 730 overwiev then changes to an extended icon with a key and a "certificate stamp".

You can see it in the screenshot below.

But after testing the file we noticed that the icon looked like the standard icon. We had to open the properties, didn't do any changes and then the icon changed to the "secure icon", at least I like to call it like that.

Does anybody know a solution e.g. how we can preset the icon for SNC-enabled systems?

Thank you very much for your efforts

(these are the 2 types of connection images I've mentioned)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

Not sure if you are modifying the saplogon.ini file manually.

Basically here are the relevant sections in saplogon.ini to have SNC enabled.

[SncName]

Itemxxx=p:<SNC Name of SAP system>

[SncChoice]

Itemxxx=<Quality of Protection: 1|2|3|9>

[SncNoSSO]

Itemxxx=<0|1>

[Origin]

Itemxxx=MS_SEL_GROUPS_SNC

To get the Icon you are talking about, I believe you might need to have at least SncName and SncChoice set and you will see the key in the Icon.

If SncNoSSO is also set to 0 then the icon migh also show the certificate.

The Origin section is about how you added the system (USEREDIT, MS_SEL_GROUPS. MS_SEL_GROUPS_SNC, ...)

Regards,

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

thanks for your reply. Unfortunately it didn't solve the problem.

You are right, we're editing the saplogon.ini manually and we also know all these parameters.

But there is no parameter for setting an icon. SncNoSSO is for logging in with username and password (if it's set to 1, then this is a forced SNC setting).

I could not find a solution for this anywhere, seems like there's no documentation about it