cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hostname is showing is null in SLD,SOLMAN_SETUP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We pushed the CRM server details to solution Manager 7.1(through RZ70).The Hostname is showing as null(SID on null) in sld and solman_setup as well as LMDB also.

SLD Screenshot

solman_setup Screenshot:

Normally it should show SID on Hostname but it is showing SID on null.

Please help.

Regards

Maruthi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suggest to do the following

1. Check your SLD (the SLD which your SolMan is pointing to), and check the validity of the entry of your SID.

2. It will be worth manually pushing SLD the info again from your CRM's RZ70. Check SLD again if it gets updated info based on timestamp

3. Check your host agent, might be worth restarting it (under /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/saphostexec -restart). Ensure saposcol is running

4. Check your diagnostic agent. Restart if necessary. Look closely at the agent log under <agent instance>SMDAgent/log to ensure the agent is not complaining of errors. Fix as required

5. Go to LMDB and look at your SID. Do a manual synchronise with SLD for this particular SID if necessary

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member408303
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I had the same problem today after executing RZ70 in two of our systems. I did a debug on RZ70 standard code and I noticed that the function “SXPG_PROFILE_PARAMETER_GET” it is being executed with input parameter “SAPDBHOST”. The result was Blank. Then I logged into another Technical system that successfully transfers the DB host name to the SLD. I executed the same function (SXPG_PROFILE_PARAMETER_GET) which successfully showed the DB host name in the result.

Comparing the two systems I observed the following difference:

For the systems successfully sending DB Name to SLD:

I was able to check the existence of that parameter in the following transaction: Transaction RZ10 (Profile: Default, Extended maintenance)

Systems presenting the null host name issue:

Those systems did not have that parameter maintained on RZ10 . I have entered the parameter and a value for it and then restart the system.I have re-run RZ70, and now can see the DB name on SLD.

This worked for me, and I thought sharing it here might help others although this is an old post.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suggest you to check the host agent. The detail OS information was collected by saposcol. And also the service read the FQDN from /etc/hostname or the same file as NT.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you selected all data supplier programs in RZ70 (not SLD_RFC)?