cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long text in QA32

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

In QA02, we maintain the description in short text and if the description is long it is maintained in the long text. Some portion of the long text is copied over to the short text.

The short text column is available in QA32 / QA33 report. Our requirement is to see the full long text in QA32 / QA33 report. How can this be achieved?

Regards,

Smart

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Purely technical help is required for log text display in QA32 /QA33. Well, if short text serve the purpose then why you need to display long text ? another thing if you incorporate the long text in these transaction then they become very slow. Because suppose any user put the long text of some more then 200 characters then what you do then. system fetch the data but report unable to execute if 5-10 case of such log text will be there.

as solution your technical person first need to fetch the long text ID number from related object and table and then via customizing field in QALS he need to put that Long text ID data.

it's pure technical and i am not going to suggest to build this logic for QA32/qa33. Not Recommended.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Shailendra,

Some times the details are captured in long text due to short space (less characters) in short text.

Can the column be added in standard report? I understand the concern of the slowness of the system.

Hence asking the question.

Regards,

Smart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

As i told you yes this is possible to add z field in stdn report for long text capturing. for that you need to take technical help to build that logic.

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Also advise is adding of extra column in QA32 / QA33 report is advisable? If not then what is the work around?

Regards,

Smart