Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about SAP PPM 6.1 Installation

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We will deploy SAP PPM 6.1 recently.

As I get the installation information from SAP PPM 6.1 master guide for the minimal system landscape (we have SAP ERP 6.0 EHP5 installed)

Question 1: We need to install NetWeaver 7.4 with addon PPM and business foundation, and SAP NW Adobe Document Service, right?

Question 2: Can we just install ADS and NW ABAP in one physical server?

Question 3: For our ERP we have three system, now we also need to installed three system landscape?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Tong Ning

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hanspeterbaier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tong,

I'm trying to answer your questions, but please come back and don't hesitate to ask again, if the info doesn't fit your needs:

1) Yes, nearly correct. You need Netweaver 7.4 (use SP8 with new kernel 7.42) as well as PPM 6.1 and the business foundation. If you have PPM installed on your ERP you need to upgrade to EHP 7 for ERP 6.0 (6.07). If you want to use PDF generation (Forms, reports, dashboard print) you also need NW ADS.

2) Since dual-stack support is discontinued with NW 7.4 it is not recommended. Please take a look to this document SAP NetWeaver Discontinues Dual Stack | SCN.

Take a separate server for your JAVA stack, as it can also run a Netweaver Portal Add-On if desired.

3) Do you have 3 separate ERP-Systems? If this is true, you might have installed PPM stand-alone. Please come back with some more infos. If PPM is installed stand-alone you don't have greater implications with your ERP in comparison to installing PPM directly on your ERP.

regards,

Peter

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

Firstly, thanks very much for your detailed answer!

Secondly, about question 3. We have separated ERP sytems (DEV, QAS and PRD), so my question is should I also need to install three PPM systems: DEV, QAS and PRD?

Thanks & Best Regards,
Tong Ning

hanspeterbaier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tong,

This is the most charactaristic usage type of SAP-Systems in general (DEV->QAS->PRD). So when dealing with this three systems (system landscape) you are speaking from one ERP System. The same applies to a potential PPM system. If it is installed on your ERP system you have to select this add-on in the MOPZ (done by your SAP Basic Component Team) when upgrading your ERP System to EHP7.

When following the upgrade or installation path you have to begin with your DEV system and apply the above mentioned support packages, enhancement packages or releases. As your testings and adaptions of customer enhancements went well, you normally move to your QAS and repeat this procedure (taking SPDD/SPAU transports from DEV with you).

The same will happen with your PRD system.

You can also save some time, if you upgrade your PRD after DEV (in case you succeeded with no real big problems) and do a system copy (PRD->QAS) after a successfull PRD upgrade. Don't forget to adapt RFC-Connections and custom parameters after a system copy.

regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

can any body tell me if there is any port opening requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter

I saw that you are very skilled

I need to upgrade to a PPM 5.0 to PPM 6.1 on abap system NW7.0 EHP2.

This system is connected to the SRM 7.0 EHP2 backend and Enterprise Portal 7.30

If you do the upgrade of the PPM i must also provide for the upgrade on the SRM o EP?

Thank you

Hello

Sandro

Answers (0)