cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMS Logon Screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When I try to import a transport request to a QAS1 system, a pop up with logon screen to the DEV system appears.

This is not the kind of pop up when you try to import a transport from another system. I'm in the system that I want to transport to, but it asks me credentials for the DEV system.

This is kind of strange, since its the only system that a credentials pop up appears.

Other info:

It appears to all users who try to import to this system.

QAS2 and PRD systems imports naturally without any need for logon to remote system.

Domain Controller is the PRD system.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

This issue is happening for insufficient authorization of user who trying import.

Who have Authorization Objects S_CTS_ADMI in target client pop up wont come for that user.

(Authorization object S_CTS_ADMI provides you Administration functions in the Change and Transport System)

If user do not have authorization, charm tries to import via client 000, so SAP GUI Logon screen appears and ask user id and password.

Possible solution is to give transport Admin user TMSADM the authorization to import in client and try for able to import all users.

S_CTS_ADMI - SAP Solution Manager - Security and Authorizations - SCN Wiki

Regards,

V Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

I gave SAP_ALL, SAP_NEW in my user and TMSADM in both systems in both clients ( 000 and 100)...

Nothing still..

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1. On your Domain controller system all the system are configured right way?

just logon to Domain controller system in client 000, check the system status.

2. Check the any error message in transaction sm21 log?

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SS

Thanks, but all checks were already made... still not resolved.

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

Manually add the Authorization objects.

And try.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Is this any error message?

BR

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Could you check this SCN thread

BR

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in TCode SUIM, the user TMSADM having authorization S_TRANS_ADMI.

Regards,

V Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

I could not find any error messages... ALOG ULOG tp log... nothing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

Could not find S_TRANS_ADMI, only authorization object S_CTS_ADMI. But this last authorization object I had it all along.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe it's a problem of incorrect TMS configuration, but I'm not considering total reconfiguration for this minor problem.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess it's very possible that there is a problem with the TMSADM, or with password policy.

However I cannot change TMSAMD user password at the moment (at least for a small problem like this one).

Thank you all for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess, you have selected the default setting(while configuring STMS).

That might be the reason it is asking for credentials everytime.

regards,

pavan

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

Make sure that the standard password for user TMSADM has been changed in client 000 and delete this user in any other client. SAP Note 1414256 describes a support tool to change the password of user TMSADM in all systems of the transport domain.
SAP Note https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1552894[1552894] shows how to update the report RSUSR003 to show the status of user TMSADM.

Regards,

V Srinivasan

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Faced this issue years ago and it was due to the fact that one of the SAP systems was set up with some password rules. I changed the password for the TMSADM user to a complex one and manually modified all the TMSADM RFC's. This worked for me. Check if that is your case.

RB

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check tms user and rfcs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if user TMSADM is locked in DEV 000 , unlock it .

Also make sure you have same password for TMSADM across landscape and all TMSUP and TMSADM RFCs are working .

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gagan

Check if user TMSADM is locked in DEV 000 , unlock it .

Already checked...

TMSUP and TMSADM RFCs are working .

Already checked...

Also make sure you have same password for TMSADM across landscape

I not sure how to test this, but RFC authorization test gives success, so I guess it's working. Besides that I really don't know how to check this.

Any other ideas?

Thanks very much.