cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion from ABC to 123 format causes data loss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have imported Excel data onto Lumira. The data set contains a "Net Price" column which is detected as ABC. Whenever I convert it to numerical format, I lose some data. Please see the snapshots. What can be the issue? Any background information about conversions?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

i am having a similar issue. when i convert a text column that has data formatted as currency before it was imported in to lumira, using the convert to number option just creates an empty numeric column. i'm wondering if this issue is related to the original issue that this thread was created for.

because it is a text field, i don't see an option to format the column and remove the $, if that is what is causing the convert to number function not to work.

thank you

tracy

0 Kudos

Hi,

I too faced the same issues, but may be we can try this one.

Split the data with currency using format option to just data(number) and then convert that particular data(only numeric) part to measure.

I don't think we have any option to append currency and make it as a measure.

May be in the further releases

Thanks,

Varsha

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just a guess but I wonder if it has to do with the commas in your original format...is it possible to replace those commas before converting to a numerical format?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please note that after conversion there are lots of "empty" values. So there are some values already ignored by Lumira plus there are some values which are converted as "empty".