cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charm status unable to set to 'to be tested'

Former Member

Hi Everyone,

Can someone help me to resolve this issue.Please find the attachment.

The transports have been imported into Integartion System, but in charm we are unable to chnage the status to 'TO BE TESTED'.

We are facing error and warning, It occurs frequently.Can someon ehelp m eon this. Waiting for the response.

Thanks

Srini.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

To me,the current situation is unclear.

You say the transports are imported into the integration system, although you cannot pass the change ticket to "To Be Tested".

But this is not how ChaRM is supposed to work.

Hereunder is the standard behaviour of a ticket lifecycle (at least for the first steps):

1. You create the ticket. When saving, the status is passed to "In Development".

2. You create a TR from the ticket, and perform your changes.

3. When the customizing/workbench activities are completed, you release the transport task(s).

4. You pass the ticket to status "To Be Tested" => this will trigger the creation of a ToC (Transport of Copies)

5. Import the ToC in the target system (integration system).

6. Perform the tests.

7. If the tests are successful, pass the ticket to status "Successfully Tested" => this will trigger the release of the TR, and import in the integration system

8. etc.

So, if you are in the step of passing the change ticket to "To Be Tested", the transports should not have been already imported in the integration system.

Can you please clarify in which statuses are currently your ticket, TR and ToC?

Thank you,

Rémi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remi,

Here we are using only Urgent change we are not using normal change requests.

Another thing we are generating TOC's via charm we are Using main TR.

Here our issue is, transport has been imported successfully in integration system but in charm the status when we are changing to 'to be tested'. W erae getting those mentioned errors.I didn't found any errors in Transport but what causes this issue to be happen.

Can some one provide the solution for this?

Thanks

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry small mistake we are not generating TOc's using mian TR to import ..

Thanks

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

OK, now I understand better.

Yet you could have given these details from the beginning.

So you do not use ToC, but only TR in urgent changes.

Still, from what you say, it seems you first import the TR, and then change the ticket's status to "To Be Tested".

It should be the other way around: passing the urgent change ticket to "To Be Tested" will

automatically trigger the TR release and import into integration system.

Just in case, can you share the logs for this error in the application logs (SLG1)?

Regards,

Rémi.

P.S.: Just a tip when you make a typo or mistake - If no one has replied to your last message, you can edit it instead of creating a new one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What i mean to say is when we are trying to change the status 'to be tested', we faced those errors however transport has been imported into integration system.

I dont see any errors or logs in SLG1. I cannot found errors during this time.

But i would like to know why this issue are happening.

Thanks

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Rarely we also get this error especially when the scheduled job which releases the TR to Qa takes long time to import to QA , try to revert status back to In Development and reset set it to To be tested.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

Thank you. That works for everyone. But i have checked the schedule job too..

That was running fine , no delay in frequency. Other than that revert back status and again set to 'to be tested' is fine. But why this issue happens? I would like to know the Proper reason for this.

Can someone tell me the reason why it is happening?

Thanks

Srini

ps0907
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The message in the screen shot indicates that the import to test did not take place.  While you could retry the transport from the Task List in ChaRM, you should first check the transport log and results in transaction STMS to determine why the transport to test failed.

artemzhegalin
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Srini.

We can't see any screenshot...

Former Member
0 Kudos

WHAT'S THE ERROR ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find the attached screenshot.Can you guys please help me on this issue.Transport was imported in Test system, but in charm when we are trying to change the status 'to be tested', we are getting the above error.Please some one provid ethe solution for this.

Thanks

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Run report CRM_SOCM_SERVICE_REPORT and you can change the status of your change document.

In case of any query please revert.

Note:If find answer helpful points should be rewarded.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

thank you for your reply.But my question here is, why we are facing issue. What are the reasons for causing the issue. If we run report ofcourse it might chnag ethe status.. But when we are chnaging the status via charm why we are getting those errors.

Can someone answer for this.

Thanks

Srini