cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR Data Maintainance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have created several users as resources on PPM under Employee role and provided their HR Employee number. Now the problem we are facing is some of this users are available as resource in Project However others are not. While analyzing the issue we found that this few cases are where they left company for few months and get back while others were being constant in the company. So i think there must be some link with the data to HR so can anyone please what could be missing ?

Thanks in Advance,

Alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alex,

what is your source system for HR data?

Do you have PPM on a seperate server?

Do you use OM?

How do you create the resources? (which BP type?)

etc..

Miel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miel,

Our source system is same as PPM. As far as i Know we don't use OM(Organization Management) however let me know the steps to ensure the same.We are creating Resource under 0003 role in BP t-code. From analyzing the issue i can see that from 2 organization most probably the resources are available if i Use the Organization differ from them also it is giving same problem. In addition to that as i mentioned earlier those employee who left the organization for few month and came back also are having issues.

--

Thanks,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you search for the resource in RPM_EMPDATA via HR number, what do you see?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am able to see that in Report. Since we are not utilizing HR in any other way we have decided to drop this integration.So can you please provide steps to drop this in config and whatever resource is being created irrespective of his HR data it should be available in the Project Resource.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex

If you have created resources under the roles for different users, first you have to maintain the employee number in the role and SAP user ID in the role

Or

You can maintain the same in transaction BP >>>search for the business partner created in PPM (enter the Resource ID) >> select >> in Display in BP Role select BUP003 Employee >> maintain personal number and SAP User ID in the employee data.

To make the resource available for your project then the same user id should be maintained in the personal number of HR Master Data. You can maintain the same in transaction PA30 Info type 105 (Communication), Subtype 1 (System user name). Maintain the SAP user id in the Communication System.

Hope it helps

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the users which were not visible in project resource PA30 Info Type 150 subtype 1 was not maintained. We maintained the same but still facing same problem.Is there any T-code where can we compare the data of 2 Personnel number  ? so this can help us by comparing available and unavailable resource.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alex,

the ALE for HR master data is a tricky one. I've dealt with it several times.

Can you share some screenshots of what you setup (especially filters in the ALE model).

I think i might know the answer to this one...

(can also contact me via personal message if you like..)

Yours,

Miel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miel,

Kind apology for the late reply. I was out for someday as far as I see there is no ALE related configuration to HR In PPM.But as you said I would like to know which more configurations I need to see to make sure it is ok.

Thanks,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alex,

how can i contact you?

You can find me on linkedin...

anuradha_majumdar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Have you tried the transaction RPM_EMPDATA? It gives information on availability - valid from and to.

Regards,

Anuradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the Report Resource is available however not available when we try them to add in the Project from Resource tab.