cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUA server sizing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Can someone please recommend to me what's the minimum requirements for a CUA server? We'll be maintaining 24000 users in this CUA system. I think we might need a more powerful server to host this CUA. Any recommendations anyone? Thanks.

Regards,

Lisan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I been looking for the same question asked here about CUA..like what kind of server we need, what the CPU utilization, Bandwidth , memory , space used etc. We have a solution manager with NW 7.0 that we plan to install CUA but our Hardware team needs this information. They need a document from SAP and I been trying all around and can not find any document that specifically mention about Hardware sizing that needs to be done.

Does any one have clear document that specifically talk about CUA related hardware sizing...please let me know.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lisan,

The CUA Sizing is not that critical as this will be balanced. and kept either inside the DMZ or an ordinary computer with a good amount of RAM say 4 to 8 gb ram sbould be able to handle this.

thanks

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have to justify to my customer what kind of hardware that will require for the CUA system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can use SAP WAS hardware configuration for CUA. follow the installation WAS guide. total number 24000 user are not physically going to work on the CUA server.

cheers,

-Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for your reply. Where can I download this documentation? Do you have the documentation? Can you please it to me? Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/instguides --> SAP NetWeaver --> Release 2004s --> Installation --> 2 - Installation - SAP NetWeaver Systems

Cheers,

-Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

I don't see any part of the documentation mentioning about the SAP WAS hardware configuration for CUA. I'm looking at the SAP Netweaver 2004s SR2 - Installation Guides for MSSQL Server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is there... on the same link which i have sent you.

https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700006449442006E

Cheers,

-Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Is it correct that I follow the hardware requirements for ABAP central services instance (ASCS)

Former Member
0 Kudos

no problem, you can take the same configuration as mentioned in the WAS installation guide, if you want you can modify the h/w as per your requirement and provide the information to the customer.

cheers,

-Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Thanks alot.