cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RPSCO - Wrong values - KSTP Budget type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are facing a problem with plan values. We plan costs using Easy Cost Planning. When we access RPSCO table, we see a column with costs that have been planned in a lower WBS elements, in negative, with budget type KSTP. 1.000.000 is the value that has actually been planned for that WBS element.

We copied that project, copying easy cost planning as well. And we don't get to see those values.

We only get to see what has been planned in that WBS element.

Why do KSTP budget type values appear? We get to see wrong values in some reports because of them!

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Anna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

gerry_hodgins
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Anna

I think your system is working as designed

If you take the following Scenario

Wbs-element ABCDE.DG has 356.000,00 and the plan value is negative! which is planned with CJ40

Wbs-element ABCDE.FI  356.000,00 also negative plan value!!!)

-> the distributable value in CJ40 for the wbs-element ABCDE.DG
   is zero and therefore the entry in RPSCO is also ZERO

THEN

Wbs-element ABCDE.DG: no change for plan value

Wbs-element ABCDE.FI: change the cost element planning  -365.000 (period 6) and a NEW entry with 550 (period 12)
-> this reduces the plan values because the value in period 6 is negative

-> the distributable value in CJ40 for the wbs-element ABCDE.DG is now 550 because the wbs-element ABCDE.FI has not 'used' the  whole possible plan value.

This is also explained because of the entry in table "BPJA"

-

The difference can be shown on the wbs-element ABCDE.DG as distributable
and lead to this entry in the RPSCO for this wbs-element!

Also

if you have missing customizing for the value categories. you must correct them

refer to note 676123

Ger

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think if you run job SE38: BPDIST00 then run CJEN this will fix your issue. I had same with a strange KSTP posting in RPSCO and this seems to have fixed it. Also see new OSS note:

1235375 - PS reporting: Plan for higher-level WBS elements too low

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Just run BPDIST00 report as you suggested, and CJEN, but still facing the same problem.

Also read that note, but doesn't seem to solve the issue

Thanks!! I'll keep trying things... If I solve it I'll let you know.

Regards,

Anna

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if the note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/945276 suits to your requirement.

Hope it helps!

Thanks and Regards,

Varshal Kachole

dodd_brian
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Anna,

Did you ever resolve this issue?  We are experience the same problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

No. Sorry. We didn`t get to solve it. We had to generate a report with plan values from COSP. Actual values are correct in RPSCO, but never got to solve the issue.

Regards,

Anna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anna,

If you have problem with the values then, I would suggest to run transaction CJEN. The

transaction will help you to rebuilt the figures.

BR,

Enrique

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Enrique,

Thanks!!

I had read about that tcode in another discussion and already tried it! But nothing has changed!! I was sure that would work, but RPSCO table still shows the same values and report is not working well!

Regards,

Anna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anna,

Thanks for the update!

Could you perform the following steps?

1) Run transaction CJVC (all yellow and red lights need to be eliminated)

There are some rules that you have to take into account:

1.1) Each cost element/commitment item/statistical key figure should

be assigned to a value category, EVEN if its values should NOT

be updated to table Project Information Database, table RPSCO.

In this case please create an assignment to a value category

and activate its 'suppress' indicator. All values basing on an

assignment to this value category won't be updated to RPSCO.

1.2) Each cost element/commitment item/stat. key figure has to be

assigned exactly once to a value category. Assigning them to

more or less than one value category will lead to unpredictible

results.

1.3) Only

1.3.1) cost elements of the same cost element type,

1.3.2) commitment items of the same item category and

1.3.3) statistical key figures of the same unit of measure

and the same KF category

2) Once they are eliminated, then run transaction CJEN again.

3) Finally, rebuild the assigned values by transaction CJBN.

This should help to get the correct values.

BR,

Enrique

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Enrique,

Thanks again for your help. It does make sense... but I'm still facing the same problem. I followed your steps. And, as you can see in the following picture, the processing was completed (as before log was full of warnings, cause cost elements weren't assigned to value categories).

In this picture we can also see that what lines that had been generated in RPSCO with budget type KSTP, are not assign to any value category, they're not being planned with cost elements. It's just the value planned in lower levels (WBS element) but in negative.

When we use CN41N tcode, plan cost data does not make sense because of these values.

The project we created by copying this one works out fine... plan data is only located in each WBS element.

Any clue why this is happening? If CJEN is not working, is there any other procedure??

Thanks again.

Regards,

Anna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anna,

Thanks for the update!

Could you please review SAP Note 51971 which explains how values are displayed in the hierarchy reports after settlement and which kind of settlement records are updated to table RPSCO?

BR,

Enrique

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Enrique,

Thanks again!! I checked out the note. But it talks about actual costs. What we don't get to see the right way are project plan costs. And it's not something to do with the way the reports work, as it is working the correctly with the new project (copy from 0007... with same plan values).

When we access CN41N with the project that's not working we see:

Eventhough the report is aggregating values, we only get to see 1.000.000 in 00.01 WBS element. When we click on 'Not aggregate' we see:

In 00.01 WBS element we get to see 1.000.000 - 9.557.007,47 = - 8.557.007,47. It shouldn't take into account lower plan cost (9.557.007,47). But it is doing it because in RPSCO table we have lines with negative values and Budget type KSTP (which doesn't even appear in matchcode).

When using CN41N to access the new project, correct values appear:

Aggregated:

Not aggregated:

Thanks again.

Regards,

Anna

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anna,

I am not sure how below information helps.

Have you checked CJ40 / CJR2, how the plan values are built in that. Some years back we had issues like this, when we plan the cost in CJR2 and copy the same to CJ40.

Also check CJI4, when this plan cost was posted. After running the correction reports, if this is not solved, it can be a user error.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

Thanks!!

I can't see line items in CJI4 report, as plan has been made with Easy Cost Planning, and it doesn't generate plan line items.

Both projects have the same data in CJ40, but behave different in CN41N report, as data is duplicated in RPSCO table, in each WBS element plan data from lower levels is registered in negative.

I've tried with category values, CJEN, SAP notes,... nothing changes.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Anna

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anna,

I prefer you can raise a OSS note to SAP, some times we might have missed some notes, so they can provide you the solution.

Regards

Terence