cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Diagnostic Agent configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a problem with Diagnostic Agent for one of my SAP system. In logs I see information that :

com.sap.smd.e2emai

Property PORT has invalid value: $PORT$

and

Invalid protocol specified: $PROTOCOL$

I can't find information where I should set this values.

Any sugestions?

Thanks for any help.

Regards

Jacek Fornalczyk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

s0007128803
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jacek.

Please have a read of SAP Note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1959293

Helped me immensely.

Solved the invalid $PORT$ and invalid $PROTOCOL$ errors in all my diagnostic agents.

Kind Regards,

Peter Babbington.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Peter,

Solution works fine, after completing missing parameters   $PROT$, $PROTOCOL$ and also $HOST_NAME$ acording to note 1959293 , I didn't see errors in agents logs.

Regards

Jacek Fornalczyk

former_member218864
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, the note 1959293  explains how to check the port, and I already check it and it is wrong configured, but it doesn't say how to change the port in case its wrong. Can you help me elaborating a little bit more please?

In my case the Http ping of the Java Stack is using the port of the ICM (ABAP) insted of the 5XX00 port of the Java Stack. With the note I see the problem, but I dont know how or where to set the property $PORT$ with the correct value.

I appreciate your help on this..

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can setup proper value in XML file.

Location of files you have in mentioned note 1959293.

Open application:

1. select your solman host

2. download XML file, change value,

3. upoload changed file.

Regards

Jacek

former_member218864
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jacek, thank you very much for your answer, I did tried that but It does not work, the metric still report using the old port. I guess I did something wrong or miss something. I will try again.

Thanks for your help!

Gustavo.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be you should registser your agent to Solman using smdsetup script using correct method, solman host and port and re-run Managed system configuration.

At all time, make surerequired  ports are opened.

Then goto agent admin, and in agent logs, put this in debug mode and share the full logs again.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

My agent is registered correctly.

Full log from Agent Viever

2014 11 24 12:06:06:389
Error
com.sap.smd.e2emai
Property PORT has invalid value: $PORT$
[EXCEPTION]
com.sap.smd.mai.model.collector.ConfigCollectorException: Property PORT has invalid value: $PORT$
at com.sap.smd.mai.model.collector.builder.MetricCollectorBean.getMetricParamAsInt(MetricCollectorBean.java:149)
at com.sap.smd.mai.model.collector.SimpleHttpCollector.getPort(SimpleHttpCollector.java:37)
at com.sap.smd.mai.model.collector.http.SimpleHttpParameterProvider.getPort(SimpleHttpParameterProvider.java:45)
at com.sap.smd.mai.model.collector.http.HTTPConnection.getURLPath(HTTPConnection.java:240)
at com.sap.smd.mai.model.collector.http.HTTPConnection.getURLString(HTTPConnection.java:222)
at com.sap.smd.mai.model.collector.SAPPingHTTPCollector.addMetricDataForException(SAPPingHTTPCollector.java:321)
at com.sap.smd.mai.model.collector.SAPPingHTTPCollector.createUnavailableMetricCollectionDataFor(SAPPingHTTPCollector.java:283)
at com.sap.smd.mai.model.collector.SAPPingHTTPCollector.collect(SAPPingHTTPCollector.java:78)
at com.sap.smd.mai.job.MetricJobRunner.run(MetricJobRunner.java:32)
at com.sap.smd.server.exec.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:46)
at com.sap.smd.server.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(PooledExecutor.java:785)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)

Thread[ExRun:e2emai:jobmgr_22,5,e2emai:jobmgr:ExecTG]

2014 11 24 12:06:06:389
Error
com.sap.smd.e2emai
[SimpleHttpCollector.getProtocol] MetricRef [005056B700131EE193B45F2C91C342CB,80E0ED08ADA71DDE94823899777ACA32] Invalid protocol specified: $PROTOCOL$
Thread[ExRun:e2emai:jobmgr_22,5,e2emai:jobmgr:ExecTG]