cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle didn't startup automaticly after rebooting the system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to all!

Oracle didn't want to startup automaticly after rebooting the Windows.

When I run sqlplus / as sysdba I see message:

connected to idle instance

If I make a startup - all ok and I can start the SAP system with the MMC console.

What should I do to start system only with MMC console and don't use sqlpluse before it ?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'v found it ! To make oracle automatic database startup I should edit the following reg parameter:

HKLM\Software\Oracle\HomeX\ORA_<DBSID>_AUTOSTART

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Igor,

You need to create another service of oradim which will start your oracle system.

oradim -startup -sid <SID> –usrpwd manager -starttype SRVC,INST -pfile <installed Directory>:\<oracle_home>\dbs\<spfile location>

startup - It will start the database instance

sid - Database sid

usrpwd - Provide the password of the databse

starttype - Specifies whether to start the instance, the service, or both (SRVC, INST).

Also try with user password as well.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

check the status of the oracle listener

lsnrctl status

start the listener if not started

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure Oracle services are set to automatic on system startup.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divyanshu!

All Oracle services are in automatic startup mode. Maybe there is a permissions problems ?

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Igor,

What you see in services.msc is only Oracle Listener and Oracle SID service which will start automatically. It will not start the oracle database instance. This needs to be started manually using sqlplus.

If you need to automate database instance start after reboot you may need to create a batch file and configure the same into scheduler.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak!

But in other system I just use mmc console to start the database + sap and there is no batch files 😃

And in this systems if I just use the mmc console - disp+work process will shutdown after starting (because of database idle)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be you can goto MMC -->> Console -->> Add Snap-in and add Oracle Managed Objects.