SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make connection-Check RFC destination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am getting following error while creating a student . Please find attached screenshot for the same. Please do suggest solution.

Regards,

Sandeep

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I039810
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

The error occurs because in the customizing Student Contract Accounts (Student Accounts) -> Technical Settings for Automatic Creation and Update -> Set RFC Destination for Automatic Creation and Update: you have maintained the value as RFC_FICA_ACCT_CREATE and not configured it properly.

Please go to transaction SM59 and check the settings for RFC destination RFC_FICA_ACCT_CREATE. Once it is fixed, it will work rightly.

Thanks,

Shalini

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

I039810
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

The error occurs because in the customizing Student Contract Accounts (Student Accounts) -> Technical Settings for Automatic Creation and Update -> Set RFC Destination for Automatic Creation and Update: you have maintained the value as RFC_FICA_ACCT_CREATE and not configured it properly.

Please go to transaction SM59 and check the settings for RFC destination RFC_FICA_ACCT_CREATE. Once it is fixed, it will work rightly.

Thanks,

Shalini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shalini,

First of all thanks for the help. I have checked the connection it is successful. Yesterday It worked and I created contract account. Sometimes it creates sometimes it shows the error. is it because of some connectivity issue?

BTW - Can you please guide me in finding document to configure scales. I did it and created a basic Appraisal Template. It is working , but when I added one more appraisal template to the same the calculation is not happening correctly. I am not getting the concept of key figures. Please guide me.

Regards,

Sandeep

0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Probably it is a connection issue.

To know more about scales, you can refer to the 'Scales' under the customizing 'Master data in student Lifecycle Management'. You have the information on key figures also under this customizing.

If you have further questions as you proceed, please start a thread, we will keep posting.

Thanks,

Shalini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shalini,

I have following design for Appraisal Template.

1. Total Marks out of 200 (Top Appraisal Type)

1.1 Theory (out of 80)

1.2 Practical (out of 20)

1.3 Internal (out of 100)

Please find attached my scales config  key figures and Semantics. I have given weightages as given in the bracket . This template is not calculating the marks correctly. It would be really helpful If you can help in this scenario. Please do let me know if you need more information.

Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Does this scale configuration related to your student creation issue???

Some times back I was also facing the same issue,

I just removed the RFC connection name from the V_T7PIQSWITCH_55, kept it blank.

I went for manual updation of contract account then it worked fine,

Even though my RFC connection was successful but system was not establishing the connection at the the time of student creation, I could not find out why?

Even I checked in my client system there also the above particular table was kept blank.

Thanks& Regards,

Prashanti swain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prashanti,

My contract account issue is solved. I just used current user while defining RFC. Issue with scales has nothing to do here. I am able to configure appraisal template for a simple scenario , but same is not working with above template. Thanks for the information.

Regards,

Sandeep