cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Data Type Attribute Deletion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to delete active master data type attributes from the planning area. I am following the Active Model deletion guide but it does not work for me.

I am trying to delete S2CAPACITYGRP attribute of product master datatype, before that we need to disassociate with the planning area, activate planning area and then remove the attribute from product master data type.

Step 1 -> Disassociated attribute S2CAPACITYGRP from planning area HCPSAP2 by marking the attribute as “pending for deletion” (attached below)

Step 2 -> Clicked on save planning area

Step 3 -> Activated planning area but resulted in the following error (E - Check that attribute S2CAPACITYGRP defined in the planning level attributes also exists in the planning area dimensions)

I believe the error says that S2CAPACITYGRP is still active in the planning levels, do we have to go to each planning level having product master data type and delete S2CAPACITYGRP individually. Somehow this assumption of mine does not sound right.

Please guide.

Regards,

Aditya G

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217157
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

It is a known issue we will correct in upcoming patches that if you remove an Active Attribute from Plan Area, it does not completely remove the attribute from plan levels.Once attribute is marked for deletion and activated, it is no longer available in UI to remove from plan level.

One way  to get around this is to add back the attribute to Plan Area and then selectively remove from the plan levels. If this attribute is used in any KF calculation or  attribute transformation it needs to be removed from there as  well.

Hope this helps.

Raghav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghav,

Thanks for your response.

Will not delete any attributes in this case and wait for the patch. Thanks.

Regards,

Aditya G

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

V_Krishna_A
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

Please check your planning level. Seems, there is a planning level, where you have selected this attribute as a parameter. 'S2CAPACITYGRP'.

Unless, you remove that in planning level,  you will not be able to remove it from planning area.

Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Thanks for your response.

I have many planning levels where S2CAPACITYGRP is selected like PERPRODCUST, PERPRODCUSTUOMUOMTO and many more. Are you saying that it has to be removed from each planning level individually where product MDT is used then disassociated with the planning area?

Active Model Deletion document says - When you mark an attribute for deletion in planning area selected attributes, on activation the attribute will be removed from planning area and planning levels

Please confirm

Regards,

Aditya G

V_Krishna_A
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

Yes. But then, are there any active key figures on these planning levels where this S2CAPACITYGRP is present ? if so, then you just cant get the attribute removed out from Plng Area and Plng level.

Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Yes, there are active key figures on these planning levels.

This seems to be very lengthy process to remove an attribute then. I was expecting behavior like in the APO DP system where master data attributes (NA or DA) are changed in the BW system and it is automatically changed in the DP Planning Area MPOS.

So like in my case where I made a copy of SAP2 model, there is no option to delete attributes, either rename through description or create new attributes.

Regards,

Aditya G

V_Krishna_A
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

It should be possible to remove the attribute from Plng Area in SOP as well, even when its used across planning levels. But am just trying to see if there is any other root cause.

Check if this attribute is 'Root' attribute in any of the planning levels. Removing this attribute, then make the planning level change the planning base of that level, and directly impacting the key figures, which are built on that planning level.

Regards, Krishna