Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CO-PA Allocations in HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello HANA experts,

Couple of questions with regards to COPA in HANA:

1. If a Customer has purchased HANA, is the COPA accelerator license included? I believe the answer is yes but I want to confirm.
  2. In HANA, is it possible to use COPAAllocations functionality in HANA without using COPA Accelerator?
  3. How easy is it to implement COPA Allocations functionality in HANA without COPA accelerator?
  4. What are the limitations of COPA accelerator?

Knowing all answers from one could be expecting a lot, you may answer the relevant question/s by pointing to the number. Looking forward to be enlightened by the experts.

Regards,

nagendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184969
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I'm onboarding on that conversation because it is I think quite close to my own problems. Please tell me if I should rather open another conversation.

I'm onboarding on a project of ECC powered by HANA implementation. We also have the BI4 suite.

We are in blueprint phase, and implementing CO-PA.

I would like the benefits of COPA accelerator (Explorer,  views, COPA Datamodel replication with XML...), however I don't think we need any side-car implementation, as we are 'powered by HANA', so I don't need the full COPA Accelerator setup.

Having a look at HANA Live content on help site, I don't see CO-PA views or content, so far.

Will I have to tinker it from the COPA Accelerator RDS, or is there some more natural way to implement it ?

Regards

Stéphane

Jeffrey_Holdema
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stéphane,

You are correct since your company will run ECC on HANA then you have will not need the sidecar CO-PA accelerator architecture.  You will have all the benefits of the CO-PA accelerator already installed in your system.  This means of course fast reporting of line items with transaction KE24, accelerated allocations (KEU5) and top-down distributions (KE28), as well as the ability to create line-item based reports (KE91) that give access to all CO-PA fields but still do not suffer in performance.  You can also use transaction KEIP to create a CO-PA virtual infoprovider in the embeded NW BW system and then use the Business Explorer (BEx) and/or BusinessObjects BI tools for additional reporting options.  With Suite on HANA, you will also get all the benefits of the other FI/CO accelerators as well, including accelerated line item reporting and period-end processing.  and you get all the other optimizations that are described in SAP Note 1761546.

As for using Explorer views against CO-PA, it is possible to use the XML information model generation tool (tr. KEHA) which provides the ability to download the CO-PA operating concern structure and to upload it into the HANA Studio to create attribute and analytic views in HANA specific to your operating concern. 

The last point is also the reason why you cannot find any SAP HANA Live content for Profitability Analysis.  Because CO-PA is customized specifically for your organization the tables names and fields cannot be known by SAP in advance, and so SAP cannot deliver any HANA Live calculation views for CO-PA.  But as mentioned before, you have the KEHA tool to generate the CO-PA data models in HANA.

Best regards,

Jeff Holdeman

SAP Labs, LLC | Strategic Customer Engagements (SCE) | Products and Innovation (P&I)

richard_bremer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Nagendra,

to add some more comments to your items 2. ... 3.:

In CO-PA Accelerator, the single most significant change is that read access to the line item table (CE1-table) and if choosen to do so also to the master data tabe (CE4-table) are re-directed to HANA. So HANA can only speed up read accesses. In many cases, this read access to HANA in Analytic Queries can be faster even than the read access to an aggregation level.

However, in allocations, the queries are not so much Analytic (search, aggregate and filter on a large data set to return a small result set, but are rather closer to "select single" queries where traditional databases can offer very good performance already - especially with well-designed aggretation levels. So the advantages of CO-PA Accelerator in allocations are typically far smaller than in reporting - and how much you can benefit changes from example to example, between single-digit-percentage improvements to may be 30%-40% in rare occasions.

We are searching for ways to introduce improvements that many allocations can benefit from. As I said, so far the focus was clearly on the reporting side.

Kind regards,

Richard

0 Kudos

Hi Nagendra, here it goes:

1 - The RDS CO-PA Accelerator is for free (You can download it via SMP);

2 - The RDS CO-PA Accelerators uses ECC CO-PA Assessment Application. HANA acts as a secondary database in this case to be used by Assessment transaction (KEU5). It´s not impossible with HANA features, but I recommend you to use KEU5 instead of build it from the scratch in HANA (using SQL, IMCE or Views) and because it is a complete assessment transaction, widely used in companies worldwide, and very fast now with HANA;

3 - Not to be implemented directly in HANA. Use ECC Accelerated for it.

4 - In this scope is included only transaction KEU5 and KE30, two of the most importants in CO-PA.

Also is good to check about HANA FI-CO Accelerators, which has some nice transactions of FICO and Material Ledger.

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lino,

Is there any RDS Solution for COPA Summarization levels report i.e RKETRERU

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu