cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TNS: protocol adapter not loadable

Former Member
0 Kudos

In one of our servers, there are 2 systems sharing with two different databases. One of which is with Oracle 10g and one is with Oracle 9i. It is known that since Oracle 10g is the higher version, the listener that should take over is the one of that of Oracle 10g. And with our Oracle_Home selector, the selected item is BW1102. However, if this is the case, whenever i connect to SQLplus, there is an error indicating that the TNS: protocol adapter not loadable. Furthermore, since this is the case, the system fails to startup. As an interim solution, i used the Oracle_Home selector and change it to EC1920. Upon doing so, i could connect to SQLplus as well as the SAP system can now startup.I tried executing the command set to see upon what the Oracle_Home of EC1 is, but as i viewed it, the Oracle_Home of the EC1 is EC1920 regardless of what the chosen item in Oracle_Home selector is which is correct. This should not be a problem regardless of BW1102 as the Oracle_Home selected since this is a higher version of Oracle.

How can i resolve this problem? Hope anyone could help us. Thank you very much.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lanzlf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Jett,

Unfortunately this is not a SAP Globalization question for this reason i kindly ask you to open this question in the SAP on Oracle forum:

Thanks and Best Regards,

Luis

Forum Moderator