cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAIL: process hdbdaemon HDB Daemon not running

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am triying to configurate my first time SAP HANA DB.

I connect to SSH and I do the first step: "HDB start". I wait and the process finish with the next message: "FAIL: process hdbdaemon HDB Daemon not running". I am connecting with AWS.

I can't go with the next steps until I solve it.

Could you help me, please?

Thanks in advance,

Manuel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

swapan_saha
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel,

I assume you are starting HANA One Rev 38* from AWS Marketplace and while starting HANA for the first time, you are seeing this error, right?

If this is so, please run "df -h" at command prompt and let me know what you are seeing when you run this unix command..

Regards,

Swapan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapan,

Yes, I am starting HANA One Rev 38* from AWS Marketplace and while starting HANA for the first time I am seeing this error.

I have executed the command "df -h". Please find below the screen,

Thanks in advance

swapan_saha
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel,

It appears to have some issue in the EC2 instance (infrastructure) as we should see file system /hanalog. Please terminate this instance and launch a new instance. If you still have any problem in the new instance, please let us know.

Once you terminate your first EC2 instance, please make sure you delete "detached" volumes from the EC2 Management Control. Otherwise, you will be billed for "detached" volumes.

Regards,

Swapan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Swapan Saha.

"FAIL: process hdbdaemon HDB Daemon not running" is solved, I terminated the instance, and I launched a new instance and it worked perfectly.

Now, I have the problem when I try to configure the HANA Studio, Please, find below the error,

Could you help me?

Thanks in advance,

Manuel

swapan_saha
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Manuel,

If you have not done it yet, please review and followConfiguring HANA One and Installing SAP HANA Studio

Please make sure you opened the necessary ports.

If you still see issues, here are few things you need to check.

1. Check you can run "hdbsql" at command line to make sure HANA server is running file.

SSH as root -> su - hdbadm -> hdbsql -u system -p <new password> -n localhost:30015

Once you are in hdbsql prompt, run the following command to list all tables.

> \dt                          

You can quit with "q".

It means the server is fine and we will check the communication.

2. Please check whether you opened three ports - 30015, 50013 and 50014 (Please refer to the same document)

As you could SSH, I suppose, your firewall allows 30015, 50013 and 50014.

Please let us know your results.

Regards,

Swapan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

wanjiru
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the latest trace to give you an idea where the error is location

/usr/sap/TCQ/HDB89/Hanahost2/trace>

In my case,

I renamed this file hdbdaemon@38900.pid.bck and then started the SAP HANACOCKPIT.

see my error log

cannot-create-lock-file-file.png

regards,