Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA studio does not start - JVM problem

former_member517
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

after some time not working with HANA, I tried to use HANA studion 1.0 rev48 again but got an error that the JVM could not start.

This behaviour is described in OSS hint 1859686. I upgraded to version 1.0 rev53 without any effect. The change in hdbstudio.ini

to change the path of the jvm.dll only changed the type of message ("Failed to create the Java Virtual Machine") without a detailed

message behind as before and seen in hint 1859686.

Maybe someone faced the same problem and already solved it ?

Thanks for your support

Rabanus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rabanus,

we finally solved it. I have installed java 6 and changed "-vm" argument to point to "jvm.dll" form java 6. And it's working now!

Regards,

Tomasz

former_member517
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tomasz,

I have opened an OSS call and will keep you on track about the results. Your solution is not working for me.

Best regards

Rabanus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rabanus,

Get the same issue as you. Note 1859686 was not working, neither a JRE 1.7 reinstallation.

This one works for me : in file hdbstudio.ini change that argument :

from

-Xmx1024m

to

-Xmx512m

former_member517
Participant
0 Kudos

Merci Bertrand,

I have opened in parallel an OSS message because we have a running HANA system and wwe needed to entre 2 OSS notes. Finally they came up with similar proposals (after flying the traditional OSS loops with the first/second level guys).

Your proposal works !!!!  Thanks a lot.

Cordialement

Rabanus Diehl

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

swapan_saha
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello  Rabanus,

Are you using Sap Hana One which is 99 cents per hour for Hana?

Thanks,

Swapan

former_member517
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Swapan,

currently not. I want to connect to the HANA DB on our CRM system. But I am not getting the

HANA Studio to run on my PC (still XP) at all.

Best regards

Rabanus

swapan_saha
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Rabanus,

As your question is posted to Sap Hana One forum, I wanted to check. Thanks for your clarification. I'm sure,if someone has similar experience s/he will share his/her experience here. In the meantime, you should contact Sap Support for your issue as it comes with support.

Best regards,

Swapan