cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP DBTech JDBC: [4]: cannot allocate enough memory: Out of memory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am currently experiencing this error when making request to the Hana database via jdbc : SAP DBTech JDBC: [4]: cannot allocate enough memory: Out of memory

I guess I am running out of space, so I wanted to delete some data from unused tables. The problem is that I cannot connect with Studio anymore "Error when connecting to system".

Is there another way to delete data from some tables when getting this particular error ?

Does anyone experienced such a situation ?

Thank you,

Benoît

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

swapan_saha
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Benoit,

Please confirm whether you are using SAP HANA One (99 cents for HANA available from AWS Marketplace). If HANA One, which version of HANA One you are using? if you are using Rev 52 HANA One, you can stop and start HANA from HANA One Management Console. If you are using any other version, you may SSH to your HANA server, then as <sid>adm (which is hdbadm in HANA One), and use "HDB Stop" to start HANA. Then you can start HANA as "HDB start" at the command line as hdbadm. Once it comes up, you can trim your data. You probably aware HANA One recommends the data should not be more than 30-32GB (compressed) in 60.5GB HANA One instance.

Thanks,

Swapan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapan,

Thanks for you answer. We are using SAP HANA One Rev-38.

I just ssh to the instance and restarted HANA processes. It works just fine, thanks for the tips.

I checked the memory usage though and it is 12,50 / 58,59 so I don't really understand why we got this error in the first place. Do you have any idea.

Thanks,

Benoît

swapan_saha
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Benoit,

Please plan to migrate to the latest version from Rev 38 before 1 year license expires in Rev 38 in Oct 2013. You need to export your content and import in the latest version.

As you are aware, a lot of bugs are fixed between Rev 38 and the newer releases along with new SPS5 features  and HANA One is adding new web based management features in each HANA One release which does not need SSH to stop|start HANA as it can be done in browser starting in Rev 52 (check out for additional info). Please stay tuned for the upcoming version which will have additional management features to manage your instance.

Thanks,
Swapan