cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need more instance memory for SAPHANA on AWS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any can i get SAPHANA One instance with 300GB memory on AWS?

Kindly share if anyone has info about this.

Advance Thanks.

Srikar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

swapan_saha
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Srikar,

As of now, SAP HANA One is only supported for 64GB (VM with 60.5GB in AWS) memory in public cloud.

Thanks,
Swapan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Swapan.

But help me understand about another way to go for higher capacity on AWS:

Choose cr1.8xlarge (244GB memory & 32 Cores) instance type and deploy our own hana licensed software

So my question is that when installing HANA on this type of AWS instance does it pass the HANA hardware check?

Any idea about this approach?

Srikar

swapan_saha
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Srikar,

There are two aspects of it - business and technical. SAP HANA in general is priced in term of memory. HANA One has license for 64GB memory.

For technical aspect, HANA One is associated with only cc2.8xlarge. 1-Click will launch only CC2.8xlarge instance type and if you opt for EC2-launch, it will only work if you select CC2.8xlarge. Any other instance type will fail to launch HANA One.

Thanks,
Swapan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Swapan, Are there any plans to support the cr1.8xlarge instance? This creates a more compelling case for "big data" applications the cloud. For example, I am noticing that with relatively small data sets, indexing operations can exhaust the CC2.8xlarge memory

Thanks

swapan_saha
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

With the latest announcement http://www.saphana.com/community/marketplace#/all, you have option to get larger cloud infrastructure to run HANA. Please check out the latest offer (only few mins ago it has been launched at Las Vegas TechED). You can run HANA in cr1 instance on AWS and even you can daisy chain 5 cr1 instances. You can subscribe 128GB/256GB/512GB/1TB HANA infrastructure from SAP also. Please check these offerings and see which meets your requirements.

Thanks,

Swapan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks! That's great.

Cheers

Charles