cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA MDX Provider for HANA ONE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm looking for the SAP HANA MDX Provider for Excel for Hana one. I can't find the plug in for Excel.

Can someone help me?

thank you

Phil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Philippe,

Could you please suggest any solution for 'SAP HANA MDX Provider in Excel' other than SAP HANA One Management Console, as I have 64bit Windows with Excel, HANA Client also on 64 bit.

Thanks in advance,

Kind Regards,

Ishan Mukewar

former_member184871
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

For MDX provider I would request you to install SAP HANA CLIENT TOOLS, once installed you can leverage SAP HANA MDX Provider for Excel.

Regards

Kumar Mayuresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

thanks, I don't know why I did't installed the client yet.

thanks a lot

have a great day

swapan_saha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

SAP HANA One does not include HANA MDX Provider yet. If you install HANA Client bundled with SAP HANA One, you will not see SAP HANA MDX Provider in Excel. We are looking into how to bundle HANA MDX Provider package within SAP HANA One.

By the way a promotion on HANA One is currently going on.

PROMOTION- February 18- March 31, 2013 - AWS customers who are new to SAP Hana One on the AWS Marketplace will receive $120 of AWS Promotion Credit if they use at least 10 hours of SAP Hana One between February 18 and March 31, 2013. For AWS Marketplace customers who qualify, the Promotional credit will be sent to the email address registered to their AWS Marketplace account. Restrictions apply; see offer terms at https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/help/201119060  for more details.

Thanks,

Swapan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapan,

Kumar is right, I've installed the client from the Hana One management console  and now I have the mdx provider in Excel.

thanks

former_member184871
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swapan,

Thanks for the info, but In my case I just installed HANA Studio and Client 64 BIT and i got the MDX   provider, I did not installed any extra stuff to make it work.  I did same with Revision 38 also, now using Revision 48.

Regards

Kumar Mayuresh.

swapan_saha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Philippe,

Ok then.

Thanks,

Swapan

swapan_saha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Kumar,

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks,

Swapan

former_member184871
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Philippe

Welcome

cheers

Kumar.

swapan_saha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar, Hi Philippe:

Just quick further info on the above topic. Both of you probably installed 32-bits HANA One Rev 48 client software. Hence, you received SAP HANA MDX provider add-on in your Excel. If you install 64-bits HANA One Rev 48 client, you will not find SAP HANA MDX provider. So for use case, you are okay to use 32-bits client.

Thanks,

Swapan

former_member184871
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swapan,

Since 2006 i have not used 32 Bit of windows and I know that even now I am not using 32 Bit windows, because 32 Bit will not support more than 3GB of RAM and I am having 8GB of RAM running.

I installed 64 Bit Client and HANA studio on my system because in 32 Bit you will not get "REGI.exe" file which is a must to have in configuring your work space for XS projects and fortunately I am having regi.exe file which is only available in 64 Bit  and running successfully.

For more detail on regi.exe refer  http://scn.sap.com/thread/3281439

My System details:  which says 64 Bit and 8 GB RAM.

Regi.EXE

Now I don't understand how you are not able to get MDX in 64 Bit client. ???

Moreover I have never came across 36-bits of windows or client or driver or any thing like that... so can you please explain what exactly you mean by the sentence.

If you install

36-bits

HANA One Rev 48 client, you will not find SAP HANA MDX provider. So for use case, you are okay to use 32-bits client.

Regards

Kumar Mayuresh.

swapan_saha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

I request you to build a new system (desktop, if possible) with SAP HANA One Rev 48 after cleaning everything.  If everything is working for you, please continue without any change..

Then we will wait if someone has a clean system, nothing pre-installed or pre-configured to see whether s/he gets SAP MDX Provider with 64 bits HANA One Rev 48 client.

There is no "36-bits" and it was a typo - everything is either 32 bits or 64 bits version.

Thanks,
Swapan

former_member184871
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swapan,

The above mentioned configuration is of clean system as I am evaluating Windows 8 64 Bit Enterprise edition,  with Office 2013 Professional both are 90 days trial, and last re-installation was done just 20 days back, after the Launch of Revision 48 Client and HANA studio.

During this evaluation what I have found that only Visual Intelligence fails to start on Windows 8, Dashboard still to be tested.

I request you to build up a system to check from your side and verify the MDX driver on 64 Bit.

Awaiting your response

Regards

Kumar Mayuresh.

PS: I was having "No Problem with MDX Driver on Windows 7 64 Bit also".

swapan_saha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

I hope you are using only SAP HANA One Rev 48 from AWS Marketplace. All our discussions are based on this assumption. 

Thanks,

Swapan

former_member184871
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi http://www.saphana.com/people/I804114

Yes I am using HANA One REV 48 from AWS Marketplace, and our discussion are based on the mentioned assumption.

My Laptop contains:

1. Windows 8 Enterprise Edition 64 Bit as On windows 7 I was satisfied with the working of all the SAP software's now testing on Windows 8.
  2. HANA Studio 64 Bit is Installed
  3. HANA Client 64 Bit is Installed
  4. Office 2013 is Installed as a trial - evaluating and test with windows 8
  5. Total RAM 8GB.
  6. I have also tested R and R - Studio on windows 8 with HANA and it works normal, without any hitches.
  7. Within few days I will be testing Dashboard on windows 8 with office 2013.
  8. I cannot test Predictive analysis - Software as SAP is not offering the trial download, its available at SAP service marketplace but I am not able to download with my S-User Id (If you can provide me Predictive Analysis Software I would love to explore and test that also)

Other than this none other 3rd party tools are installed to make MDX work.

Regards

Kumar Mayuresh

swapan_saha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Kumar,

Thanks for your additional information. So far everything from SAP HANA One Rev 48 works fine for you which is good. We will look into further details on MDX Provider which is the main focus of this thread. For PA (Predictive Analysis), please feel free to post a different thread as PA team may be interested to know customers in PA.

Swapan

former_member184871
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi http://www.saphana.com/people/I804114

Welcome  , I will be writing soon for PA (Predictive Analysis), once i am done with my pending work.

Regards

Kumar Mayuresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did install HANA Client connectivity libraries in my 64 bit system, Installation was successfull,

but still no luck . I couldn't see MDX Provider nor ODBC option in Excel

Help much appreciated.

Regards,

Kavashgar M

swapan_saha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You may wait a day or two to try SAP Hana One Rev 52 which includes 32 bits MDX Provider. It is  available either within 32 bits Hana Client or as separately if you use 64 bits Hana Client.

You may check out  SAP HANA One Rev 52 pre-release announcement posted at saphana.com blog space which will give you information what you will get in  Hana One Rev 52.

http://www.saphana.com/community/blogs/blog/2013/05/09/sap-hana-one-rev-52-further-enhances-user-exp...

Thanks,

Swapan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

I have installed HANA studio and HANA client 64 bit versions downloaded from "HANA Developer Edition portal" into my Windows8 64 bit machine. I am unable to locate MDX Provider nor ODBC option in my Excel 2010. My office is 32bit. I have read few  threads about this issues. Do you think I should downgrade my client version to 32 bit and see whether it works or not? Does a new version of 32 Bit version gives regi file?

Thanks

Avijit