cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AWS, ABAP and sap logon pad

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am looking to consume HANA views with ABAP (as demostrated here SAP HANA Academy - ABAP: How to consume HANA procedures in ABAP - YouTube  )

I have an AWS account with an HANA installation running with which I have connected with HANA Studio (rev 80) successfully.

The SAP GUI 730 (Patch 4 Hotfix 2) is installed and I have also successfully installed Eclipse Kepler (in accordance with this guide Step-by-step Guide to setup ABAP on HANA with E... | SCN )

When I try to create an ABAP project I am asked to either use the connection details in the SAP logon pad or connect manually. I have not maintained the logon pad details and hence wish to connect manually.

In order to connect with my HANA instance what do I enter as:

- Application server? The IP-address of the HANA instance, right?

- Instance number?

- System-Id?

- SAP router string?

I assume that this is all information that is available with my AWS instance, but I dont know where to find it.  Furthermore, I am assuming that no additional components are required in my set-up. If this assumption is wrong please indicate what is missing.

I greatly appreciate any support.

Thanx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you tell me how you solved the Problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

- Application server: The AWS IP-address

- Instance number: 00

- System-Id: A4H

Hope it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do you have these informations?

My Hana One instance ist started and d DB is ready. But SAP Logon does not work.

Have I forgot a step to configurate?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is all quite well explained in "Getting Started with ABAP740 SP8 HANA SP8 DevEdition"

under 4.3 Using SAP GUI for Windows

You have that document?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No I have no document.

How can I find it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the past God provided answers to all of (wo)mans questions. Nowadays it is google

Answers (0)